The Diesel Garage banner

cold air intake

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  CrawfishPSD 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what everyone was using for a cold air intake??

#3 ·
check your pm's the 6637 filter and a prefilter

#4 ·
6637 is more of a warm air intake.. :).. But with an intercooler it really doesent matter that much.

#5 ·
Sheesh, yes, if most of your driving is at idle in traffic. There were tests done and at speed, the temperature at the intake is very near ambient. Air does flow through the engine compartment while driving.
But your right, it gets superheated when turbocharged anyway, and that is what the CAC is for.

#6 ·
I just have my intake air temp sensor laying in the fender right next to the DIY intake. watching my scan gauge it is almost always with in a couple of degrees of the outside air temp

#8 ·
kinda pricy if ya ask me when the 6637 with pre filter can be had for a 1/3 of the price plus they filter bett er than the affe

#9 ·
I run the AFE Stage 2 with the Pro dry S filter
and Jody's prefilter from Dp-Tuner.. There's alot of good ones
out there you can buy and include the homemade ones that were cool and worked just as well, it's comes down to your preference, need for your application and how much money you want to spend.
Hope this helps...:happymugs

#10 ·
jody gets his covers from my supplyer so mine are the same

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.