SR4.7v1wZDBF(Solderless Reversible 4.7v1w Zener Diode Boost Fooler) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Sleeperstroke, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 4049 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Riding solow on the Hog

Garage
SR4.7v1wZDBF(Solderless Reversible 4.7v1w Zener Diode Boost Fooler)

I wasnt sure where to post this, so Im putting it here for any of you who are interested in this mod. I developed a way to do it without cutting or splicing wires, or stressing the MAP plug itself. Ready? Here we go.

PARTS.
One dead cordless phone battery.
One 4.7v1w Zener Diode.
Small piece of etape.
Zip tie.
Shrink wrap tube of applicable size.

1. Strip the shrink wrap off the phone battery, and remove the leads and plug. Discard battery.

2. Bend the leads of your Zener Diode into a U, cut them down to about 1/4 inch, and insert the BANDED side in the BLACK wire lead plug, and the other end in the RED wire lead plug. The fit will be snug, but just carefully push it in. After full insertion, bend the diode over so it lays against the plug. Strip the wires as shown in the picture. Twist the raw wire so it wont fray and separate when you go to plug it in. What you see is the finished product.

3. Unplug your MAP plug, and run the wires up through the center. Bend the last 1/4inch of raw wire over so that they insert into the applicable plug holes. BLACK (Banded end) to the passengers side (Right hand) Hole (My wire is dark gray with a white stripe, yours may be different depending on the year) RED goes to the drivers side (Left hand) Hole (Red wire with a gray stripe) DO NOT PLUG INTO THE CENTER WIRE!. What you have after you plug it in should look like this.

4. Take the small piece of Etape and wrap it in a U over the end of your boost fooler, then apply the shrink tubing, shrink, and zip tie the neat lil apparatus up to your plug. Now what you have should look like this.

PRESTO! You now have made THE most invisible boost fooler ever. Congratulate yourself with a cold beer.

"MOby" The big white bio-burning 03 7.3 4x4. 6637, straight piped stock exhaust, and a new "secret" blend of Haul asBLEEPsing mods and upgrades. Suffice to say, its still not the fastest, but its quick enough to worry lots!

Last edited by Sleeperstroke; 06-29-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Riding solow on the Hog
Threadstarter

Garage
Oh, and I forgot to mention, no soldering/splicing into the wire harness, and you can extract it at your leisure if you so desire. Thank you, drive through.

"MOby" The big white bio-burning 03 7.3 4x4. 6637, straight piped stock exhaust, and a new "secret" blend of Haul asBLEEPsing mods and upgrades. Suffice to say, its still not the fastest, but its quick enough to worry lots!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:03 AM
MAFIA MEMBER 106

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to camojeeper
nice I have a thread about how to do this maybe if its ok with you the mods could move this to the tech pages or combine it with my thread

STEVE TDG MAFIA#106
99.5 psd SDSC 4x Diesel hot rod tug boat. TN BB turbo,230CC 0.0085"EH nozzles GTS HYBRIDS,Pat's tranny,5",Autometers/Scan gauge, ARP'S, DP tuner f-5 ,MAGIC SMOKE PERFORMANCE INTAKE ,AIH delete,Snows water/meth,map sens blowoff,trans lockup,ITP RR w/FB delete oh ya and a detroit locker now with a TWIN PUMP TERMINATOR OIL system
96 CC DRW south bend,DP,MAGIC SMOKE performance,4" exh,Autometer, TERMINATOR OIL
76 CJ-7 B/B FUEL INJECTED AMC 401cid V-8, T-18, D 20 transfer case with 5.38's in the D44's full family cage,ARB air locker rear, lock right front, 37"goodyears [email protected]

MY PICS http://photobucket.com/magicsmokeperformanceJody of DP-Tuner has Driven my truck
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Riding solow on the Hog
Threadstarter

Garage
Fine with me either way. I just wanted yall to know theres a way to do this mod without invading the wiring or stressing the plug out. Its worked superbly so far for me. Ive romped the crap out of it from a stop and from different speeds with no codes/faceplants, and thats with my MAP line routed to the hot side! I probably wont be putting the overboost annilator back on.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 03:07 AM

Garage
what dose this do??
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Riding solow on the Hog
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cong View Post
what dose this do??
See the link below. Lots of us also use blow off type valves or air pressure regulators on our MAP lines to accomplish the same thing mechanically. This is just a way of doing it electronically.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3...st-fooler.html

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Riding solow on the Hog
Threadstarter

Garage
Heres an update concerning an unexpected.... Benefit?... Of this modification. Before the mod, when exceeding 100mph, the dash would "Die" (All dash gauges would snap to zero as if they were turned off) And, of course, thered be a SES light. Now, after this mod, at the same point the previous happened, only the speedometer snaps to zero, and no SES light. All other dash gauges continue working. The aftermarket gauges are unaffected either way, of course.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode