BTS - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by F-250HD, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1412 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

BTS

Well I finally got my transmission built in my F-350. It wasn't in too bad of shape but since I want to add more power I figured I would build it before it breaks. Now you can buy the trans and have it shipped and then ship yours back as a core, or they will install it at no additional cost. I watched Brian tear it down and build it in one day.

There are a lot of new parts that go into the trans when he builds them. Everything that goes into the trans that isn't new has been cryo'ed and heat treated. The Precision Industries converter and the TransGo shift kit are amazing compared to stock. When the truck shifts it actually jumps forward. It doesn't slam into gear but does shift firm at WOT and feels like it jumps forward.

He also installed a new flywheel , a steel tail housing, and a Super Duty trans cooler. He mounts the cooler in the front bumper where it gets lots of airflow. It also doesn't interfere with an intercooler installation. After we test drove it and run the hell out of it we checked the temp of the cooler with an infrared gun. It was around 100-120*

Brian and Patti are great people and are very accommodating. Brian even put up with me watching and asking questions about everything. They also don't just do transmissions, they do everything for Power Stroke's. They had just finished building a 7.3 for a guy in Texas(the one in the far bay in the first picture).

Just remember if you go there for any work Lead Hill is in a dry county...We found out the hard way. We had to drive towards Branson Missouri and as soon as you cross the state line there are 2 gas stations/liquor stores with everything you could want. They are about 25 miles from Lead Hill. If we had known we would have stopped on our way in and got beer.

2004 F-250 Harley Davidson CC SB 4x4 (stock)

1997 F-350 RC LB 4x4
BTS Transmission, Gauges, DP, Exhaust, 4 Position Chip, Tymar Intake...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:42 PM

Congrats on the new TRansmission. I am in the market for one in the near future. Im not very close to either BTS or JW, so its a tough decision

Ken
99.5 7.3L PSD 4x4
GTP38R BB TURBO
Casserly 250cc Hybrid injectors
BTS Trans W/ 6.0 Trans cooler
Live Tuned by Jody
TYMAR Intake/Coolant Filter
463hp and 912 tq 6 Feb 10
491hp 944tq 28 Aug 10
Future mods-- AirDog/ITP Reg Ret. Fuel sys. w/fuel bowl del, Terminator Big Oil,
PNWFDE#2
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 04:38 AM

I have heard nothing but awesome things about Brian and his work.

~Dave~

2012 F350 KR Dually, stock...bone stock.

early 99 PSD CC F250, DP Tuner F-5, Stealth Stage I, Casserly 160cc singles, Monsterbox Tranny, MBRP cool duals, ITP Regulated fuel system, Cobalts and Performax gauges, and way to much else to remember right now. **traded**

2004 Excursion Limited 6.0L, Dipricol gauges on the A-Pillar, Bilsteins and BFG's on the corners, lost EGR (not looking hard for it either), ARP studs, RCD Black Onyx head gaskets, MBRP 4" exhaust, (labor performed by Dan @ Midwest Transmission) **giggled when traded**

Quote:
I'm pretty good at drinkin beer -Billy Currington
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 04:23 PM
crittergitters.net

Thumbs up BTS

My hats off to to Brain also by far the best service I could ask for.He walked me thru some trouble shooting on my 95 also. I love the tranny.

I have a 1995 F350 XLT CC 4x4 with,AFE stage 2 cold air intake,3" Down pipe,4" Magnaflow Exhaust,custom Shackles,14"front and 15" back Atlas springs,54"Boggers,20"x14" wheels,2 1/2 ton rockwells w/ 6.72 gears,custom high rise steering,Tranny cooler,Shimmed FPR, gutted EBPV.Autometer gauges with roof mount over mirror.BTS tranny with a PCS trans controller,Stage 2 injectors,Tony's Wildman 6 position chip.Pedal mod.HX hose,Banks intercooler kit.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 05:03 PM

Garage
I have a BTS tranny and its awesome Never had any problems. Shifts amazing. The truck already had the tranny in it when I bought it so Ive never talked to brian but I hear he does pretty good work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode