? re: Walbro 392 install - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jvencius, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1353 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

? re: Walbro 392 install

For those of you with a Walbro 392 as your high-pressure fuel pump, what fittings do you need to have it mate up with the factory lines? I have a set of fuel line QD tools, so removing the factory output line won't be a problem (the AirDog replaced the input line) but if I need to go out and get some oddball barbed fitting or adapter, that would be good info before I take my truck out of service.

2K2 F350 PSD/ZF6, Fluidampr/Melling LPOP, AirDog/ITP RR, DP F5, Tymar/high-flow outlet/MBRP 4", Dynatrac Free-Spin hub conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yesterday I was just trying to remove the line between my AirDog and the factory fuel pump on my '02 PSD and I broke the adapter fitting that attaches over the input of the factory pump... Go figure, it was 4:45 on a Saturday and any hose shops that might have a 1/2" barb-to-1/8" NPT (that's what it looks like--turns out it's 10mm x 1.0 metric) fitting are closed. Chit chit chit chit--I have to work the next three days and won't really have time to screw with this until early Monday morning or Tuesday afternoon. At least I can ride my bike to work (inconveniently, but I can do it) but it would be really nice to have my truck available.

Today I found a fitting at NAPA that will replace the adapter I broke yesterday (it's a 5/16" Ford QD transmission line fitting) but since the input of the OEM pump is machined as one piece with the pump body, I'm just as screwed since there's no way to take that fitting off and install it onto the new pump. If I didn't have the AirDog pump (one of the biggest wastes of money I've put on my truck), I could just run some 3/8" fuel line to the factory hard line but the AirDog uses a 1/2" i.d. hose to a female push-lock fitting and then into the adapter for the factory pump's QD fitting.

2K2 F350 PSD/ZF6, Fluidampr/Melling LPOP, AirDog/ITP RR, DP F5, Tymar/high-flow outlet/MBRP 4", Dynatrac Free-Spin hub conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode