HELP,, white/gray smoke - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by JimTJr, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1306 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

HELP,, white/gray smoke

Ok, I haven't been on here allot lately, been spending tons of time on HDforums.com,, cause I got a brand new Street Glide!

Anyway, yesterday evening when I got home from my weekly commute to the KC area. I pulled off at my exit and was engulfed in white/gray smoke for a second, and it was steadily coming out of exhaust at idle. Under acceleration it wasn't very noticeable in the mirror.
I came on into my subdivision and pulled into drive. It was smoking pretty bad.
Didn't smell it,, (I know, I should have) Anyway I assumed it was the turbo again, pulled the DP today, dry as a bone, sooty, but no oil.
SOoooo I guess it's not that. My coolant is a little low, maybe 3/4" down from full. I have just installed a new radiator about 4-5 weeks ago when my clutch fan exploded and put a small pin hole into it. So I am pretty sure the coolant should have been spot on.
I am suspecting injector cup/cups..
HOW do you diagnose these for sure,,also how can you tell which cylinder it's in? Do you normally replace all 8 when 0ne is suspected bad?
This really sucks, because I only have weekends to work on it....

2011 F-350 Lariat 6.7L CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metalic Tri Coat. Retired UAW from GM, 30.8 yrs.
Proud member of the Mo. Air National Guard since 1988, 4yrs USMC before that. Now a full time technician with the guard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

After some replies on other boards, I realize it wouldn't be those. I don't have any coolant in the oil, or fuel in the degas bottle.
I guess it's an injector problem, stuck or something. It is not doing it now, I'll take if for an extended drive to see if it's a warm issue, or just gone for now.
TeamRoper is coming by later with his laptop and AE I'll run some checks.

2011 F-350 Lariat 6.7L CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metalic Tri Coat. Retired UAW from GM, 30.8 yrs.
Proud member of the Mo. Air National Guard since 1988, 4yrs USMC before that. Now a full time technician with the guard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode