30psi??? HELP!!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by moparcummin, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 997 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

30psi??? HELP!!!

Hi everyone I just got done putting on my htt htb2 64/13 stainless, ddp 4s, ats manifold, new afe filter, and 4" exhaust. I just got back from a test drive and its not that impressive for $4000+ in parts. It was only boosting 28-29psi and my stck turbo boosted 30. I bought some dv's from Mrector but Im waiting untill the socket comes to put them in, do you thing that would help? are the stock dv's not sending enough fuel to the injectors? And my egts jump to 1400* pretty quik.Can someone PLEASE help me im stressed out because I finally got the stuff on and im not that impressed.:squish

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 05:57 AM

Where's your timing at? If you havent already bumped it up then I'd do so. Around 16-16.5*.

Could also be the cable on the tranny not adjusted right, this could make it "feel" like it had no power.

And more air from a larger charger will lower your overall boost #'s compared to stock, in other words you lost boost #'s but gained a WHOLE lot of air. The dv's will help. But get it straightened out before you install them, cause isnt nothing worse than complicating something by adding more stuff into the mix.

I personally try to do one thing at a time and then drive, as to easily track down what went wrong, and where.

Mikey

89 w250 project truck
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I havent done my timing yet i need to find someone with a kit, and I think it could be the trans cabe that thing has been pissing me off and cant seem to get it perfect.

Thanks Mikey for the DV's they look good just cant wait to get them inside!!:Thumbup:
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 AM

:iagree Do the timing! The high egt mean you are getting plenty of fuel free flow intake and exhaust should clear that up quickly Only happens at full throttle!? Normal! If your towing and keep it at 1400 get a water/methanol inj kit! How bad do you smoke at full throttle?:smoke
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcummin
I havent done my timing yet i need to find someone with a kit, and I think it could be the trans cabe that thing has been pissing me off and cant seem to get it perfect.

Thanks Mikey for the DV's they look good just cant wait to get them inside!!:Thumbup:

Those two things could def be some of your power problems. That trans cable is easier to set with a couple helpers. One in the cab mashing it pedal, one under the hood loosening the "slide clamp thingy", and you under the truck making sure it is moving all the way forward and back.:Thumbup:

89 w250 project truck
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

It clears up at full throttle
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

It pretty much clears up at full throttle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode