The Diesel Garage banner

SouthBend clutches

994 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BigBlue 
#1 ·
Okay I have to replace my clutch cause some waterhead didn't know how to drive one at the body shop when it was getting painted. I'm going with the SouthBend Con FE and was wondering what everyone's opinion was on it. I'm already used to driving a cermetallic in the work truck but was wondering if the SouthBend is going to be different or about the same. I talked to Peter at SouthBend and he was excellent on answering my questions.

#3 ·
I run the SBC dual disc ceramic for DD and towing use and it's a bit jumpy but I wouldn't want a lesser clutch.
Peter is a top notch guy to work with :Thumbup: .

#4 ·
I went with the Con FE for right now cause I'm not adding any more power right now. Been making the truck look much better than when I got it. I'll go with the DD when the F-150 is paid off cause I'll put tow twins on it. I really like the SouthBend cause it made the clutch pedal effort feel like stock not take an act of god and my left leg looking bigger than my right. It will hook up alot better than the Val-air that was in it when I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.