Stacking Chips and What are good for a 95 Powerstroke? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by GotTorque?, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 1757 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Stacking Chips and What are good for a 95 Powerstroke?

I was looking into getting a 95 Powerstroke and I was wondering what is a good tuner for these trucks? I was looking at the Edge EZ module and possibly stacking it with the Banks Big Hoss chip? Is this possible?

2000 F-250
4x4 ECSB
4" DP - 5" Back - 8" Black miter
K&N Intake
Tony Wildman 6pos Chip
Stewart Warner Maximum Boost, Trans, Pyro
35" BFG KM MT's
Jensen 7" Flip out DVD/CD
10" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer
2400w Rockford Fosgate Amp

Soon to come -
4"-6" Lift
HID's
05+Front end Conversion
Train Horns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:55 PM

its already got an adjustable 10k mod on it wich does the same thing as the edge ez so forget that and get a dp tuner chip there the good ones
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Do they make the SCT for the 94-97 powerstroke? Also this is for really any 94-97 Powerstroke. Also what is the 10k mod?

2000 F-250
4x4 ECSB
4" DP - 5" Back - 8" Black miter
K&N Intake
Tony Wildman 6pos Chip
Stewart Warner Maximum Boost, Trans, Pyro
35" BFG KM MT's
Jensen 7" Flip out DVD/CD
10" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer
2400w Rockford Fosgate Amp

Soon to come -
4"-6" Lift
HID's
05+Front end Conversion
Train Horns
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:57 AM

the 10k mod bumps up the pressure going to the injectors, same thing an edge ez does
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBogo
the 10k mod bumps up the pressure going to the injectors, same thing an edge ez does
Which is of very little benefit in terms of making power, but it does sound cool.

Run one on the dyno with and w/o the 10k mod, no power gain AT ALL from it, in fact operating the HPOP at any pressure higher than necessary will decrease the power to the rear wheels. You cannot make more HPOP pressure w/o using some more poewr to drive that pump.

'93 F-250 HD, 7.3L IDI, 5spd - FARM TRUCK
I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 12:44 AM

well i did it and there is a definate increase
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Did you install the mod on the IPR solenoid or the ICP sensor?

I could see some gain if on the sensor, but I KNOW there is zippo gain if on the IPR valve.

If you install the mod on the ICP sensor, you are effectively lying to the PCM, and that is NEVER a good idea.

The PCM calculates LOAD from things like MAP, FR, and TPS. The FR will be off because it is injecting more fuel than it *THINKS* it is, so the transmission pressures and shift points will NOT BE CORRECT for the power you have.

IMO, either tune it CORRECTLY via the PCM, forget it, or be willing to suffer the failures that will come from it.

I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:08 AM

its the icp one, i did it because it was cheap and thats all i had the money for at the time, its on an on off switch
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, I understand some folks just like to figure out "low buck" methods, and I congratulate them on their resourcefullness!

Just realize that there are ramifications.

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotTorque?
I was looking into getting a 95 Powerstroke and I was wondering what is a good tuner for these trucks? I was looking at the Edge EZ module and possibly stacking it with the Banks Big Hoss chip? Is this possible?
So to answer the question, NO. a chip in the the back of the PCM will always override any program stored in the PCM. so the banks chip would be running the truck and the edge would just be stored in there, doing nothing.

the Edge will also compesate for the PW, timing, and ICP, IPR, so it is far from an expensinve 10K, but it is still overrated and a chip is far superior.

Diesel Rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode