chips tuners and fuel mileage - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by just visiting, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 811 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

chips tuners and fuel mileage

hey guys first time diesel owner here, ok built a few gassers and well you know the drill more power= less gas mileage, well how come all the tuners claim that by adding power there fuel mileage goes up? i mean i was doing a little searching and cant thing of the name but DP or something like that has an 80 hp economy setting???? haha if i added 80 hp to my srt i would lose 2-3 MPG, what gives on a diesel? and while i am on the topic....

i have a 97 4X4 ex cab auto bla bla bla... all stock except the superchips micro tuner ok here is the deal i did not buy the truck to race, i have a 10 sec bike for that lol... but i do want to "tweak" it just a little my plans are 3" (or the largest that fits) DP, and a set of twin 6" stacks, some kind of intake and maybe a few other things nothing major its just really a daily driver, and a toy hauler (quads, bikes, and the srt to track everyonce in a while)

what do you guys reccomend for my truck? i want to add a little power but really care more about its reliability than its power i would also like to be able to make a little black smoke every once in a while.....ok a lot haha!

i was thinking that 6 pos. chip that is advertised on here there are like 9 options, i was thinking

1) stock
2) high idle (since i dont have a block heater
3) 40hp
4) 60hp
5) 80hp
6) 120hp

the 140 sounds good but will a stock motor handle this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to LIPD
the DP-tuner Econ program does work i did a test with it against some of my other programs and it averaged 17.2 MPG vs 15.9 MPG with a regular program this was over a 2000 mile trip. The shifting is a little different then stock as is the injections timing and amount of fuel. becuase it ws designed for fuel econ. and not max power or towing it get better milage then the stock program as the stock programs was designed for mild of the road setup (power, towing, economy and the EPA) If you have any questions about dp-tuner programs or chips give us a call as we are authorized dealers.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

is there any supporting mods i need to go along with these chips? i dont want to get into big bucks, i will def get a pyro and a new 3" DP but is there any "expensive" parts that are required (injectors, ect)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 03:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to LIPD
there are no expensive parts required just gauges - i would also do the exhaust, intake. If you would like i can set you up with a package for all of it including the stacks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

sweet i will have to get ahold of you on that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode