What programer is best? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Jordan09, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 834 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Cool What programer is best?

Hey my dads birth day is coming up and i was wanting to get him a computer programer but i dont know what one was best. I have heard all sort of thing but thought I would ask! I also wanted to know the specs or web site to got to, to chech them out if you post a reply? Also is there any effects to the truck? Like would anything else need added to the truck or is it fine with just a chip?

2001 Ford F250 extended cab short bed 4X4 7.3 turbo diesel (STOCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 03:35 AM
4cstr

Hey...welcome to the site. I moved your post into a seperate thread so that we wouldn't confuse up the other thread.

You can get an SCT for the 2001, with any number of programs on it. Our vendors will be able to tell you prices, programs available, and cost. Click on the "vendors" button at the top and find one you feel comfortable with. If you are going to add a chip, then at a minimum you should add a better intake, and get at least a pyro gauge, with next gauge being a tranny temp gauge. Drop me a PM if you have any further questions.

Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 04:24 AM

Chips... ATS, DP tuner, DI, TS, Tony Wildman... all good stuff.

If your going the programer route, look for a SCT-xcal2... Jody (DP) will set you up with some nice stuff. Plus the SCT's have data logging and code reading... nothing else comes close.

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Talking

hey guys thanks i realy apriciat it alot !!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 08:14 PM

The Sniper Special Forces looks pretty cool. Other than coming with several pre-set performance programs, it also allows you to make adjustments to those programs (converter lock up, larger exhaust, aftermarket tubo, etc...) to accomodate an other modifications you might have done to your truck.
The other cool thing about it is that for the price, you can create programs for two different vehicles and use them at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode