hypertech claim questionable/misleading - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by aldo_45030, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1463 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

hypertech claim questionable/misleading

Purchased a 41040 hyper-tech programmer III seems to be working fine love the changes i power jury still out on its shifting abilities. I tried a super-chips 1705 which made my tranny shift funny at times. I am not sure if larger tires effected shifting sometimes or not. Because of the tires being larger and the ability of the hyper-tech to compensate for size was one of my buying points. Another was the advertised ability to adjust firmness of shifts. I thought this would be handy if this tuner made it shift funny...below is the "ford feature chart" I have an 2003 7.3 automatic please note the listing.
TRUCK AND SUV
Year Engine Trans Power Tuning Shift Pts. Shift Firm Rev Limiter Top-Speed Tire/Gear Chg. Fans DTC's Part #
03-07 6.0L T/D All 3 Stage Tuning N/A Yes N/A N/A N/A N/A Yes 41044
04-06 F150 5.4L 3 Valve All Dual Fuel Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes N/A Yes 41043
01-03 7.3 T/D All 3 Stage Tuning N/A Yes N/A N/A Tire Only N/A Yes 41040
99-00 7.3 T/D All 3 Stage Tuning N/A Yes N/A N/A Tire Only N/A Yes 41039
00-04 6.8 V10 All Dual Fuel Yes Yes Yes N/A Tire Only N/A Yes 41034
99-04 4.6 F-150/Expedition** All Dual Fuel Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes N/A Yes 41036**
02-04 5.4 F150/F250/F350 Heritage All Dual Fuel Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes* N/A Yes 41026
2001 5.4 F150 All Dual Fuel Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes N/A Yes 41035

OK so the paste doesn't line up perfectly sorry.
It clearly says "yes" to shift firmness. Although when loaded on the truck it says "firmness is only available for 96-99" i think it was.
Is there something i am missing ..... or was this little tid bit of info incorrectly stated.
Either way the loop around the block seemed to be fine power and shifting was improved and no goofy shifts i guess time will tell...glad it was cheap really wish i could have found a SCT2 that cheap. I am going to consult tech support there must be an error somewhere maybe in the firm wear revision level of this tuner. Sucks being financially challenged and having to settle for less than what you want , now i know how the wifes feels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:05 AM

nither one does anything for the tranny, hypertech or superchips. Nothing. The differance you felt in the superchips was the stock tranny being overwelmed by the power. Again Nither does anything for the tranny

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode