POS Edge Evolution - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 00turboPSD, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 1791 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Angry POS Edge Evolution

Well this stinks, but I was stupid and bought an edge evolution when I knew nothing about diesel tuning. I sold the edge, and it left some of the files on my truck when i tried to remove it, so when we took it into the shop to see if the computer was running right, the fuel was still turned up and making my egts high. What a piece of junk. Now I have to pay to get the computer set back to stock because my dad is freakin out sayin my truck is gonna "burn up". Not likely at only 1100 degrees tops, but anyway, just wanted to share a story with anyone thinking of buying an edge evo and how they can mess up. Looks like i'm out of modding thanks to this stupid programmer. My pops says either I leave it stock, or he who giveth will taketh away. I am only allowed exhaust and intake which I already have. Edge sucks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:47 AM
Bonehead Mechanic

Send a message via AIM to Shady'sBigRedPowerstoke
Wow dude that truly sucks, Sad to say but I at one time was actually thinking about buying an edge evo for my Obs powerstroke. But now that ive heard stories like these I will save the funds and go with a chip.

My Truck:
96' F-250 Extended Cab, Psd

Mods:Tymar style intake, Soon to come is a 5" Exhaust and Gauges

Other Toys

Racecar:Supermodified, Malloy Chassis, 600 Horsepower 355, Alcohol Injected

"The Bigger the chip the louder they bawl"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00turboPSD
Well this stinks, but I was stupid and bought an edge evolution when I knew nothing about diesel tuning. I sold the edge, and it left some of the files on my truck when i tried to remove it, so when we took it into the shop to see if the computer was running right, the fuel was still turned up and making my egts high. What a piece of junk. Now I have to pay to get the computer set back to stock because my dad is freakin out sayin my truck is gonna "burn up". Not likely at only 1100 degrees tops, but anyway, just wanted to share a story with anyone thinking of buying an edge evo and how they can mess up. Looks like i'm out of modding thanks to this stupid programmer. My pops says either I leave it stock, or he who giveth will taketh away. I am only allowed exhaust and intake which I already have. Edge sucks...
I don't see how the edge product could make you to FORGET to take files off the PCM prior to selling the said product.The edge evo is a fine piece of work for what it does.Yes of course there is better thing out there but for the entry level power and the price and not knowing any better the EVO is a great product.I myself owned one for my wifes 99 dually CC long bed.She actually beat me and 4 other trucks at the pulls with the tow program.Stock truck just a EVO.

So don't beat up on a product when you knowingly forgot to deprogram your truck.

Mike
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ummm, I didn't forget to take of the files. I put the stock program back on, and it left some of the adjustments on there that weren't supposed to be, so when we took it to the diagnostics they said my fuel and boost were turned up to where it was raising my egts. But i'm happy it works for you, sure did me wrong.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 01:39 AM

There is way bigger and better chips and programmers out there.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I am just warning people of what the evo does, maybe not in all cases, but in my case it jacked up my computer. . Because as far as i'm concerned its not a good product. Am I not entittled to my opinion?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Dieselis' Maximus

when i was shown the truth here about Diesel tuning, i soon turned agianst edge bullydog and banks. they were first three to get blown up and are accually over inflated.

Them guys from Oregon dont worry bout them, half em cant read thats probly why he was confused.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:52 PM
fordt

I have edited some posts for personal attacks, lets keep this civilized.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yea, I was probly out of line, but I just don't like when people mouth off like that. My first truck was an f150 that I paid off myself working 6.50 an hour had labor job. My dad took that back from me after I begged him to let me keep his old truck. The 350 now has 165,000 miles on it, so its far from a brand new truck that he just gave to me. But sorry for any riff raff I started. Didn't mean to, just voicing my opinion about edge products.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driximus
when i was shown the truth here about Diesel tuning, i soon turned agianst edge bullydog and banks. they were first three to get blown up and are accually over inflated.

Them guys from Oregon dont worry bout them, half em cant read thats probly why he was confused.

Watch the Oregon comments..... :

:sofa

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode