Laptop Tuning - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by SmknDzl, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1059 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
TwinStacks

Laptop Tuning

Has anyone used or know anything about the Sniper Commando tuning software. I am interested in trying it and just wanted some input.

Chris Cayer- www.facebook.com/SmknDzl or www.myspace.com/smkndzl send a request

Early '99 Black Lariat F-350 cclb dually-TS 6 position, AFE StageII, Autometer UltraLite Gauges, 6" Turnout Stacks, Muffler/Cat Delete, Built Trans from RacerX with .670 Line Mod Valve and Full LockUp Valve, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Boost Relief Valve, Oil X-Over, 5% Tint Around With 20% On The Windshield and 5% Strip On Top, Tinted Tail Lights, 2003 Clear Headlights, VisionX 8K H.I.D. Kit, JVC InDash DVD, APS997 Remote Start and Alarm, Painted Grille and Mirrors, WhiteNight Reverse Lights
Competition Cobra29, DaveMade Comp 2x2, 2x4 and 5pill boxes on VOLTS, Modified Wilson 5000...YEAH IM TALKING
Nathan Airchime P5 Train Horns @ 200PSI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
BJS

no hands on experience. From what I have gathered it is great if you want to just play around and tweek here and there but you do not have all of the control options that the real programmers like Tony Wildman & Jody have.

If you are looking for power then buy a chip from a competent programmer, If you're looking for a toy to play with then Sniper would be a good option.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 02:13 PM
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
You might also consider Power Hungry Performance. They've got a tuning system that, I believe, will let you control nearly anything the "real" tuners can control. There is someone on PSN (Charles) that's tuning his 7.3 (sequential turbos, built motor) with it and he's made nearly 600 HP that I've seen, and I think he's made more than that.

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT
The Following User Says Thank You to John_DeereGreen For this addition to TDG:
SmknDzl (01-06-2009)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
MAFIA MEMBER 106

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to camojeeper
who has the time just call dp and be done with it

STEVE TDG MAFIA#106
99.5 psd SDSC 4x Diesel hot rod tug boat. TN BB turbo,230CC 0.0085"EH nozzles GTS HYBRIDS,Pat's tranny,5",Autometers/Scan gauge, ARP'S, DP tuner f-5 ,MAGIC SMOKE PERFORMANCE INTAKE ,AIH delete,Snows water/meth,map sens blowoff,trans lockup,ITP RR w/FB delete oh ya and a detroit locker now with a TWIN PUMP TERMINATOR OIL system
96 CC DRW south bend,DP,MAGIC SMOKE performance,4" exh,Autometer, TERMINATOR OIL
76 CJ-7 B/B FUEL INJECTED AMC 401cid V-8, T-18, D 20 transfer case with 5.38's in the D44's full family cage,ARB air locker rear, lock right front, 37"goodyears [email protected]

MY PICS http://photobucket.com/magicsmokeperformanceJody of DP-Tuner has Driven my truck
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
TwinStacks
Threadstarter

Thanks for the input guys. I was more less just looking to expieriment with something different.

Chris Cayer- www.facebook.com/SmknDzl or www.myspace.com/smkndzl send a request

Early '99 Black Lariat F-350 cclb dually-TS 6 position, AFE StageII, Autometer UltraLite Gauges, 6" Turnout Stacks, Muffler/Cat Delete, Built Trans from RacerX with .670 Line Mod Valve and Full LockUp Valve, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Boost Relief Valve, Oil X-Over, 5% Tint Around With 20% On The Windshield and 5% Strip On Top, Tinted Tail Lights, 2003 Clear Headlights, VisionX 8K H.I.D. Kit, JVC InDash DVD, APS997 Remote Start and Alarm, Painted Grille and Mirrors, WhiteNight Reverse Lights
Competition Cobra29, DaveMade Comp 2x2, 2x4 and 5pill boxes on VOLTS, Modified Wilson 5000...YEAH IM TALKING
Nathan Airchime P5 Train Horns @ 200PSI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode