Quick question about the DP chip - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 00turboPSD, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 695 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Quick question about the DP chip

Just wondering, but when you put a chip on the 7.3 does it affect any of the stock files when it is pulled off? I may be trying to put a chip back on my truck, but only something I could be sure is off when I take it to the shop to be tested. If I put the chip back into stock mode, would that for sure put it back to stock settings, because the edge evo didn't take all of the files off last time that it was supposed to. Any info would be appreciated. Stinks I gotta be all secretive with my modding...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 01:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to moose99psd
why do u want to take it off when u take it for service? its a 2k so ur warrenty is most deff out? JW
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 01:33 AM

I had a friend of mine who has a Ford scan tool run a diagnostic on my truck once. With my chip in the stock mode he had no idea it was on there. If you're that worried about it just unplug it and take it out when it gets serviced or whatever. Some guys don't even have a stock setting. When they want it stock they just unplug it.

Ben
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 01:48 AM

ALWAYS REMOVE THE KEY FROM THE IGNITION WHEN REMOVING AND INSTALLING CHIPS.Can't stress that enough.When you 1st install a chip you will have to clean the contacts on the PCM.If the dealer would check they would see that the contacts had been cleaned.Inorder to clean the contacts you have to dissconnect the batteries the KAM code will be on the diagnostics.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 02:02 AM

Good point, Kainers.

I had a Superchips programmer on an '03 Silverado SS I used to own. When I sold it, i wanted to put it back to stock (of course). When I started the process I had accidentally left the daytime running lights on. Oops!! I fried the computer!! Thank goodness it was still under emissions warranty and I got it replaced 24hrs before the guy came to pick it up.

My point being, always take the key out (like Kainers said) and make sure NOTHING is left on or running!!

Ben

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode