SCMT xcal2?'s - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 01blkf250, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 786 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member # 37

SCMT xcal2?'s

I am thinking about getting one of these from Jody, as I live in Michigan and I don' think my truck will like the 120hp race tune I had him install in the winter very much and I am not going to want to pull my 7300lb snowmobile trailer on icy roads with that much power on tap either. So here is my q's if it will do data logging will it give me accurate ICP#'s ? I had Jody's 80 hp econo tune but with my new GTP38R I just had to try the 120hp tune. What can this thing do for me? I must say I'm not a big fan of chips, they're just not for me with the contact issues and coming loose, I just prefer the programmers, I know alot of guys use chips and that is their preference but not mine. I know some of you guys have this programmer and was wondering what you think. :thanks: Gene

2001 F-250 XLT, cc sb 4X4, 3.73 LS,auto, Ported ATS shroud housing 1.00 exhaust housing Banks wicked wheel adjustable wastegated turbo,Non Ebpv pedestal and gutted Ebpv, DI Performance regulated fuel return kit, Dieselsites' 203* thermostat and billet housing, MBRP 4" ss turbo back exhaust system, AFE Stage 1 air intake, Jody Tiptons' F5 chip with no start,stock, 60hp tow,and 120hp race tune for now til I get big oil and injectors. Sonnax kit, Dieselsites' A/C heater core bypass valve, Autometer Boost, Pyro, and Trans temp guages in A pillar, Regulator in MAP line set at 20psi, boost tube, wastgate adjusted real tight, Aih delete, and Zoodad'ed. Amsoil fluids, Monroe Reflex shocks, and Ironman APR 265/75/16R tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 04:36 PM

If your not into changing tunes quickly then there is nothing better then the xcal... this coming from a "chip guy"

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Slow 6.0

i kinda want to try a XCAL2 in mine, i hear the tranny strategies rule.

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 05:17 PM

If you want to go with a tuner then do the X-cal, with Jodys tunes... Stock x-cals are not much better then the old superchips tunes, better but not much!

Chips are soo much better IMHO, and there are really no issue's if you clean it right and tape it in. I dont tape mine in, because I change chips quite often and never have any issues.

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member # 37
Threadstarter

The xcal with jody's tunes is what I was talking about. I have been running Jody's tunes for awhile, and I really liked his 80hp econo tune but like I said I just had to try the 120hp race tune when I put on the GTP38R, but I need to put different programming in for the winter, I'll bet it could be kinda hairy to run the 120hp on ICY roads. But I 'm interested in what all the xcal can do the data logging capabilities. I think Jody is the Shizz when it comes to tuning and want to run his tunes, and the xcal sounds like the ticket for me with the ability to read codes, but I'm really interested to hear what kinda of tracking it can do with the data logging. I may have to ask Jody himself but I was just wondering what you guys that have one already thought about it and how you like it. But thanks to everyone that has supplied some responses. gene

2001 F-250 XLT, cc sb 4X4, 3.73 LS,auto, Ported ATS shroud housing 1.00 exhaust housing Banks wicked wheel adjustable wastegated turbo,Non Ebpv pedestal and gutted Ebpv, DI Performance regulated fuel return kit, Dieselsites' 203* thermostat and billet housing, MBRP 4" ss turbo back exhaust system, AFE Stage 1 air intake, Jody Tiptons' F5 chip with no start,stock, 60hp tow,and 120hp race tune for now til I get big oil and injectors. Sonnax kit, Dieselsites' A/C heater core bypass valve, Autometer Boost, Pyro, and Trans temp guages in A pillar, Regulator in MAP line set at 20psi, boost tube, wastgate adjusted real tight, Aih delete, and Zoodad'ed. Amsoil fluids, Monroe Reflex shocks, and Ironman APR 265/75/16R tires.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member # 37
Threadstarter

Nobody have any thoughts, that already own one?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Supporting Vendor

Gene,

Since you are not wanting on chip the SCT Xcal2 will be perfect for you. It is custom programmable. We have done a lot of units for the 7.3. You can do datalogging.

if you look here

http://www.dp-tuner.com/SCT.htm

It will give you an overview of the unit. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call. :thanks:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode