DP-tuner chip not working - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by monster 4x4, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 1509 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

DP-tuner chip not working

Well, i got a 6 pos. DP chip and it does not work. The engine cranks, but the wait to start light does not come on. i pulled the chip out and it runs fine. Any suggestion? I tried to call DP-tuner, but they are not answering right now, so i will call later, just thought i would ask yall for advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 08:27 PM
fordt

Not sure exactly what may be wrong, but I am sure that it won't be long until DP calls you back and your problem is solved.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 08:31 PM

Is the PCM plenty cleaned? Just a thought.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah i cleaned the jumpers really well. And yeah i have heard that about DP, that i what sold me about getting a chip from them. And the fact that the tunes are awesome. I can not wait to get it working!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:02 PM
4cstr

A real stupid question...but is one of the positions of the chip a "no start" setting. Maybe the chip is in that position. :shrug:
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster 4x4
Well, i got a 6 pos. DP chip and it does not work. The engine cranks, but the wait to start light does not come on. i pulled the chip out and it runs fine. Any suggestion? I tried to call DP-tuner, but they are not answering right now, so i will call later, just thought i would ask yall for advice?
monster 4x4,

Looking at the time you posted, if you tried to call around then we were out of the office taking our son to a doctors appointment. We are back in the office now and are working to catch up with emails and voice mails from being out of town at our event we had this past weekend. We will be working later this evening if you would like to call back tonight.

If there is no wait to start light but you can hear the engine try to crank that means there is not a good communication between the PCM and the chip. Even though you have cleaned the contacts check it again with just your finger nail. Scrape across the contacts on both sides of the connector board on the PCM. Use a towel with acetone on it to clean the contacts if you have already used the scotch brite pad. If this does not help we can send you out another chip tomorrow.

:thanks:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah, i actually called you back shortly after and you answered personally. I will try to disonnect the switch to see if i can single out the problem.
Thanks Diane, i will keep you posted.

Cole
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Dieselis' Maximus

i was useing Acetone and it was just wiping a Real Thing film over the contacts. I had to finish it them up with just cleaning them off without the acetone.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 11:57 PM

I had the same problem....so I kept on messing with it trying to figure it out and my comp. got fried so they ended up sending me a new chip...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah, i used a small screwdriver and my fingernail to clean the contacts. They look great. I talked to the Diane Tipton and i am going to troubleshoot some things she mentioned and if that doesnt work she said she will send me a new chip. Great company! (hard to find these days)
Thanks for the input guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode