what to do with my superchip? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by djbigblcstrkr, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 535 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Question what to do with my superchip?

i have a superchip nonprogrammable that is in the drivers kickpanel Fergusons diesel supposedly said theyd turn it up to 90hp (but everything they did is a flop on my truck and wouldnt sent them my worst enemy ) but im bein told it isnt im buildin 24lbs boost on heavy acceleration but should i keep the chip and also get one from tony wildman or get rid of it or can it be turned up and be worth a damn im new so i dont know???? help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:43 AM

What year and truck do you and what mods
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 02:55 AM
TDG Mafia Member # 37

Like Big R said you need to tell us what you have truck wise and what other mods you have if any. That being said you will gain alot more with Tony Wildman, or DP-Tuner tunes, whether it be a chip or the SCT Xcal2 with custom tunes for your truck.The superchips power programmer does not get alot of respect, but I ran one for about 3 years and I loved it until I found out about DP-Tuner, and what a difference, more power,lower egt's, better fuel economy, and better shifting strategies. Did I mention I love my DP-Tuner tunes? . Hope this helps, Gene :mafia

2001 F-250 XLT, cc sb 4X4, 3.73 LS,auto, Ported ATS shroud housing 1.00 exhaust housing Banks wicked wheel adjustable wastegated turbo,Non Ebpv pedestal and gutted Ebpv, DI Performance regulated fuel return kit, Dieselsites' 203* thermostat and billet housing, MBRP 4" ss turbo back exhaust system, AFE Stage 1 air intake, Jody Tiptons' F5 chip with no start,stock, 60hp tow,and 120hp race tune for now til I get big oil and injectors. Sonnax kit, Dieselsites' A/C heater core bypass valve, Autometer Boost, Pyro, and Trans temp guages in A pillar, Regulator in MAP line set at 20psi, boost tube, wastgate adjusted real tight, Aih delete, and Zoodad'ed. Amsoil fluids, Monroe Reflex shocks, and Ironman APR 265/75/16R tires.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbigblcstrkr
i have a superchip nonprogrammable that is in the drivers kickpanel Fergusons diesel supposedly said theyd turn it up to 90hp (but everything they did is a flop on my truck and wouldnt sent them my worst enemy ) but im bein told it isnt im buildin 24lbs boost on heavy acceleration but should i keep the chip and also get one from tony wildman or get rid of it or can it be turned up and be worth a damn im new so i dont know???? help
I wasn't aware that Ferguson sold superchips. And if you have on OBS truck you ain't gonna get 90 hp outta the old girl, more like 75 max.

I thought Fergie was hot for BD and bullydog. He musta branched out. Has he shown you the white dually that supposedly dynoed 472 on stock injectors and a little propane :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

oh sorry i just edited them 96 exhaust intake gauges superchip planning on stage 2s prolly this summer and a turbo next fall but prolly never more oil or fuel and a torque lock im runnin around 6 most of the time 400 egts and my tranny runs at 100-105 all the time? as for fergy that was put in 96 by first owner and havent seen the dually but he does have an xpedition thats pretty hott but they took 6 times to get the downpipe to quit rubbin the firewall and it still does barely under a load and they fried 8 sensors the last time and then stuck me with and ipr sensor bill and unhooked my abs and put a resistance loop in the gpr so i get a wts light and click but no power!!!!!!!! (and it was only there for a warranty on a speed sensor!!!!!!) grrrrr so neway keep them comin guys your all great thanx a million im learnin a ton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode