Stacking Chips - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by J Hud, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 1396 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Stacking Chips

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 with the 7.3 in it, it has a tymar intake, straight pipe, and a superchips tuner on it.. I have heard that you can stack chips and put programs into the computer for the fuel pump to gain crazy horsepower, but i have no idea what to do. I am thinkin about gettin a DP Tuner on the truck and gettin rid of the superchip cause it SUCKS, but wanted to see if i could stack something with the DP Tuner? I will also be gettin the 4 pod mounted gauges soon so i will know what is going on and not blow **** up. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:54 AM

Stacking on the 7.3 is not a good idea. Get the dptuner chip, it will do everything you need it to

'00 cc f 350 a few mods, and a bts tranny.

Wet concrete, Hot Asphalt And Life Wait for no one
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:30 AM

Garage
explanation on why no stacking with 7.3 ???????

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:50 AM

Because it doesnt work...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 04:29 AM

There are really only two ways to turn up a 7.3 powerstroke. One is with a programmer, the other is with a chip. A programmer removes the factory program and replaces it with a tuned one. A chip plugs into the computer, and then interrupts the signal from the computer and changes it. So with this being the case a chip will override the programmer.

It's not like a cummins which increases horsepower by turning up the fuel from the injection pump, and another box would turn up the timing.

On a powerstroke custom tunes are made that increase things like timing, and injector pulse width, and injector timing and so on.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Because it doesnt work...
Well no **** Sherlock! Obviously if I was asking, I was wondering why it is that it does not work.

Thanks for the kind of answer I was looking for "Got Diesel"

Alex C.

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Diesel
There are really only two ways to turn up a 7.3 powerstroke. One is with a programmer, the other is with a chip. A programmer removes the factory program and replaces it with a tuned one. A chip plugs into the computer, and then interrupts the signal from the computer and changes it. So with this being the case a chip will override the programmer.

It's not like a cummins which increases horsepower by turning up the fuel from the injection pump, and another box would turn up the timing.

On a powerstroke custom tunes are made that increase things like timing, and injector pulse width, and injector timing and so on.

So a programmer, done correctly, can do just as much as stacking a programmer and a chip on other applications???

what about the parts made that are "adjust on the fly," Like the six-gun or four bank? Are those classified as a programmer, and they just change the program super-fast???

Alex C.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 01:07 PM

The chips that allow you too switch on the fly. Like a four bank chip, interupts the signal coming from the computer and then sends it's own signal. You can switch it on the fly because by doing so it just changes what variables it changes.

Yes a properly done programmer will do everything stacking something on another application will.

The best is a custom tuned chip by somebody like Tony Wildman, Or DPTuner, or Tadd at Elite Diesel.

If you want a programmer then you can't switch on the fly. But with the SCT you can have custom made programs made and upload it to that.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99StrokerDude
Well no **** Sherlock! Obviously if I was asking, I was wondering why it is that it does not work.

Thanks for the kind of answer I was looking for "Got Diesel"
Well Boss.... Sorry, I was with my kids, fixing dinner, and just thought I would give a little info:Thumbup: ... Got side tracted and didnt come back to it... But you go right on ahead and stack your superchips tuner with a Banks 6 gun (a overpriced 18k mod) and be happy as a lark...

Otherwise Kyle has told you about everything anyone else would have... You cant stack a chip with a programer, because one rides the other... I well tunes chip doesnt need a "stacked" programer or 18k mod. Banks doesnt know how to tune trucks and wants to sell more stuff so they sell you a Trans command, a banks chip, and a banks chip.... Sorry I didnt get back to you quicker...:shrug:

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks guy i appreciate your replies so quickly..im gunna get me a DP Tuner with the 6 position switch...wats the miles per gallon on those things anyone know?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode