dp-valve body - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by youngPSD, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 849 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

dp-valve body

Is the best bet when i get a DP Tuner is to have a upgraded valve body put in for a better tranny life?? What valve body is the best? Should i have the valve body put in first then get the chip.. i need some opinoins!!

2002 f-250 supercab shortbed on 305/70/16 BFG A/T with 3.73 gear MODS Pyro,Boost,TransTemp Guages 4" MBRP Turbo back exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:14 PM

You should be ok with getting the DP Tuner first, just don't go to long before you upgrade the valve body.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngPSD
Is the best bet when i get a DP Tuner is to have a upgraded valve body put in for a better tranny life?? What valve body is the best? Should i have the valve body put in first then get the chip.. i need some opinoins!!
I like to see no line pressure increase when adding a chip or tuning. Part of what a vb does is channel pressure where and when it's needed. The other improvements are made in the pump. It's all a system that has to work together. Too much pressure can cause bind @ shift points as valves fight each other. Thats what the situation sounds like in this thread: https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ad.php?t=30606

Photo: Accumulator diassembled. Also called valve body or VB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	accumulator.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	8295  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 03:47 PM

Jody needs to know what you are going to do with the valve body before he programs the chip. You can always tell him you plan to upgrade the valve body later and he can program for that up front so it doesn't have to be changed later.

I would say the most popular valve body upgrades are the Sonnax/Tricumulator mods which invovles disassembling what Racer X posted or just buying a valve body that already has the mods done to it - usually a BTS or FTVB. Personally, I am headed the BTS valve body direction in the near future for the wife's PSD.

Whatever you decide, be sure to let Jody know up front!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode