tried a friends programmer an hated it - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by smoke rollin stroke, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 875 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

tried a friends programmer an hated it

I have a edge evolution on my truck an a buddy of mine has a 97 F-250 an he has a bully dog chip he said he don't like it all that well so i told him i would trade him my programmer for his chip then i would just sell the chip to get one for my truck, anyways i went over to his house so he could try it an a friend of his pulls up in his 97 F-350 an he's got a superchip. He wanted to trade so took mine out an put his in my truck on hi performance mod. An it made my truck fell like it was on stock again . He pulled back up "an was like man what ya think" I told him that it sucked a**. I really want a good chip for my truck what would be the best one for me I don't pull that much an when i do it is a 16' bumper hitch trailer. Any info i would really appricate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 03:11 AM

Get the edge juice with attitude and keep your evolution and stack them together.

:smoke
00' Ext. Cab short bed, 5 Speed, AFE, 4" two 5" Miters, Injectors, HRVP44, .93 lines&tubes, Edge Drag, Redline, Autometer Gauges, Southbend DD Clutch, Garrett Turbo w/ Manifold, BD Hose and Clamp Kit, Head Fireringed, Port and Polished, Upgraded Valve Springs, A-1 Head Studs, Haisley Street Grind Cam, Fluidampr, Water/Meth, PSI Fuel System, BD Short Shifter, BD Cool Down Timer, 2" leveling blocks, Voodoo Trac Bars, Road Armor front bumper painted to match, 305/70/16 BFG TA's on 16x10 D C's

97 12v Reg. cab, Auto. AFE, 0 plate, Cut DV's, 4GSK, 4" straight, 16.5*, autometer gauges, billet georend.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 03:15 AM

Get it touch with the folks at DP Performance, tell them what you want and they will treat you right. By the way, I love the name.
:Thumbup:
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 03:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to moose99psd
sorry smokin u cant stack like that on a powerstroke.. get a custom burned chip.. from some1 like elite-diesel, dp tuner, ats, tony wildman and make some real power... and get some guages first!!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks man I tried to think of a good name that was somewhat true will i be able to tell a big diff with a dp chip or any hotter chip that i get? i want somethin to make me have good power an roll more smoke out for those *** holes that want to ride right behinde you were you can't even see them.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 12:48 AM

I think you will be more than happy with the DP chip. I have stacks on my 02' F-250 and it will roll the smoke out of them. Do you have gauges?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I am in the process of gettin guages for my truck i am just tryin to look around a find a good price on white faced ones. I have some in my old 96 that i can get out how hard and how much would it be to fine the wiring for a boost guage an the egt guage. that way i could just leave it all hooked up in my old truck an take the guages out that way i would only have to buy one more guage an the wiring for the other ones. Or would it be easier an cheaper to just buy guages that i want an leave the other ones alone?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:15 AM

What brand guages are they? It might be worth upgrading.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

They are the cheapest black face guages autometer makes.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 02:06 AM

I would just replace them. I recommend Isspro, I have the factory styled. When you go to get gauges, make sure that they are easy to see at night and day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode