got some questions about performance mods - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jackedupF350, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 665 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

got some questions about performance mods

I have a '00 F-250 6 speed. It has a superchips tuner on it. It's currently in the body shop right now but hope to get it back around march or april. I am thinking about going with a DP Tuner. I am also going to have my buddy put a 4" straight pipe on it and I've already ordered an AEM intake. How well would my truck hold up? I am still in high school and plan on driving mainly in town and I'll do a healthy amount of hot rodding. Would the turbo, clutch, etc. hold up? My friend had a TS 6 pos. chip on his '01 6 spd and kept it mainly on the 100 hp setting. When he sold it, the guy who bought it ended up having to put a clutch and a turbo on it. Is there any way I could salvage the turbo and clutch? I actually believe my dad has a double disc clutch in the back of the garage if I would need it. Also if I would need a turbo to be on the safe side....what brand should I go with? I'm open to all suggestions...thanks ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:50 PM

I drive a 2000 6-speed and have similar mods to what you're planning. I was able to make the stock clutch slip with just an intake, exhaust, and DP chip - just FYI. I haven't replaced it yet (115K miles) but I baby it now trying to make it last as long as possible. My turbo didn't last long either so it had to be replaced.

Like everything in life, nobody rides for free! Still being in high school I would go with the intake you already ordered, 4" exhaust is good, and stick with the superchips tuner. Of course the DP stuff is "better" but you also stand a "better" chance of hurting your PSD in the process.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

well, let's say i would have some money and that i go with the dp tuner...should i rebuild the stock turbo or get an aftermarket turbo? if so, which aftermarket one?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:03 PM

That's a loaded question!

How much do you want to spend? Future mods? I spent ~ $700 but most folks spend $1200 - $2500 for an aftermarket turbo. The stock turbo is fine with some upgrades that can be from $100 - $500.

Need more info. Good luck! :
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

well, i don't know really what i want to do. I want it to have more power, but I still want it to stay together. What are some cheaper mods that I can do to my truck to go along with the Superchips tuner? Like I said I am getting an AEM Brute Force intake and 4" straight pipe. Should I go with a bigger downpipe? If so what size?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode