chip,cold air&exhuast insall? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by powerstrokin350, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 945 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend

Garage
Exclamation chip,cold air&exhuast insall?

:shrug: how hard is the cold air, i herd can be a ***** due to the cutting of fan shrowd. at least that is what my dad was told when installed on his 04 6L. mine is an 03 7.3 2wd. I also want to install the exhuast myself. I have some expierience from schooling and when i was a mech. at u-haul working on there 7.3's in there internationals. But of course i won't have the big bumper jack we had to get the clearence under my truck. what, a whole weekend? thax any input greatly appriciated. :smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 01:17 PM

Cold Air on a 7.3 is a piece of cake. Completely different setup than on a 6.0. The exhaust isn't bad either. If it is going to replace the downpipe too, a reciprocating saw would be helpful.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
TDG MAFIA #94

Send a message via MSN to StrokinSnyd
put a reply in your other thread in the other forum... others too

96 Dodge Cummins EC LB 5 spd big valve springs, full cut DV's, Big sticks, phat shaft turbo....yada yada yada.... plain and simple, it goes fast and pulls whatever
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 PM

The AFE stage 2 only takes about 30 min for someone with out much mechanical experience. The exhaust will be easier than the 6.0 was. I think you will be ok to do it your self.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
Threadstarter

Garage
I thank you all

sorry i cant respond faster my 2yr old took all my keys off my comp. it really makes it hard to type. issed: :crybaby2: h :shootself: :cry:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Performance
The AFE stage 2 only takes about 30 min for someone with out much mechanical experience. The exhaust will be easier than the 6.0 was. I think you will be ok to do it your self.
Ditto. Just did mine last night in the driveway with the hood light, a small flashlight in about that timeframe. Easy cheese. Can let you you know about the exhaust tomorrow.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potshot
Ditto. Just did mine last night in the driveway with the hood light, a small flashlight in about that timeframe. Easy cheese. Can let you you know about the exhaust tomorrow.
You should be very happy with it, especially once you finish your exhaust. What else do you have done to your truck?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 06:05 PM

I installed 4 inch exhaust on my 7.3 and the only problem i had was the old factory tailpipe rubber mounts were not in the correct location for my new muffler, had to redrill in the frame to line everything up,, work good now,,,,,,one other thing, i didn't take off the tranny heat shield and the stupid thing rattles sometimes had to wire it real tight, make sure you do that first,,,
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 PM
I DRIFT DIESELS

i put the 5 inch turbo back from jegs on my truck, took about 4 hours by myself, the downpipe was the hardest thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode