Question for xcal2 owners! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by astro, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 548 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Question for xcal2 owners!

I`m trying to get the bugs worked out on my new xcal with custom tunes from elite. When you are going to change a a new tune from a old tune thats already on the tuner , do you just re-write over it ,or do you erase the tune first and then install the new one?

FOR SALE 2002 F250 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat Dark shadow Gray W/ Custom Flame Paint Job in Pearl Silver and Purple Tips Pinstriped in Burple. Icon 12.5" Lift with OneUpOffroad 5" Traction Bar Block system, OUO Drive Line Drop Bracket,Clocked Transfer Case, SS Brake Lines, Dual shocks UpFront,Mickey thompson 38X15.50R18 tires, Wels Racing Dune 8 18X10 wheels,Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares, Reflexion steel hood, ARE Z Series Shell, chrome Tow Hook,Putco Flame Grille, Trenz billet rear Veiw Mirror & Flame Pedals, New Image Flame Gauges, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, MBRP, Cools Duals T-304SS w/Custom Flame T-304 SS Tips,Autometer Z Series Pyro,Boost,Tranny Gauges,Loud Kenwoo/Kicker 1600 + RMS Stereo System, Husky Floor Liners, More!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:24 PM

Are you wanting to load a new tune into the Tuner or into your truck? Not sure what you are asking?

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

I always put the truck back to stock file and then load the new SCT tune. I'm not sure if you have to but that is what I do.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I`m talking about downloading a tune off of the computer into the tuner itself. Tadd emailed me 3 tunes . I downloaded them onto the tuner and then ran them tried them out on my truck My transmission shifted funny with the first set of tunes , so they sent me a new set of tunes , so instead od deleating the tunes off of the tuner it`s self I just rerote over them on the computer. The second set of tunes made my transmission shift even worse. I`m trying to figure if I messed up when I downloaded the tunes from the computer to the xcal2 it`s self. Hope I made this a little clearer?!

FOR SALE 2002 F250 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat Dark shadow Gray W/ Custom Flame Paint Job in Pearl Silver and Purple Tips Pinstriped in Burple. Icon 12.5" Lift with OneUpOffroad 5" Traction Bar Block system, OUO Drive Line Drop Bracket,Clocked Transfer Case, SS Brake Lines, Dual shocks UpFront,Mickey thompson 38X15.50R18 tires, Wels Racing Dune 8 18X10 wheels,Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares, Reflexion steel hood, ARE Z Series Shell, chrome Tow Hook,Putco Flame Grille, Trenz billet rear Veiw Mirror & Flame Pedals, New Image Flame Gauges, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, MBRP, Cools Duals T-304SS w/Custom Flame T-304 SS Tips,Autometer Z Series Pyro,Boost,Tranny Gauges,Loud Kenwoo/Kicker 1600 + RMS Stereo System, Husky Floor Liners, More!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

Ok I see, I load right over them and never had a problem. I don't think it gives you any options on how you load them the software takes the lead.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Okay! Thats what I did. My transmission wants to shift up and down alot mainly in city driving. If I shut off the overdrive it works a little better.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned

Not sure if this will help or not.

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ad.php?t=32760
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the link , good info there! When I put my truck back to stock it shifts fine. So it`s something with the tunes. I don`t have a huge lift only a rubicon express 6.5" lift with 37 " toyo mt tires and i have 4.30 gears instead of the stock 3.73 gears, I do have my speedo corrected with superlits truspeed , they are trying to write tunes to work for my set up, but something just not working right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode