East vs. West - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bertpalm, this thread has received 19 replies and been viewed 1432 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Cool East vs. West

Looks like you folks out in the mid to Eastern US do things a lot different than the west. Quite honestly, from the forums it sounds like you guys know more about this stuff then anyone I talk to out here. I have an 03 7.3ltr, It's straight piped, 3". I run edge evoulution chip right now. Will probably sell it with my 97 7.3 liter for incentive to complete the sale. I want to upgrade. Been looking at the juice with att because of the in cab monitor. That would keep me from doing gauges. Also, like the fact that I could run at milage setting until I pull up to a stop light with a cummins and or duramax. With the push of a button, up the chip to extreme. I don't like how loud my truck is with no muf. What would you do for mostly milage, and not too noisy?:bow: Money is a concern, but will have some cash when I sell the 97.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 06:07 AM

I will give it a shot. Forget the Juice With Attitude. It's not gonna give you anything more than your Evo is giving you. Ya the in cab monitor is cool. I personally like gauges myself. If you like the monitor you can get one that is just a monitor.

On to the power. Get a custom burned chip. This will allow you to still run in an economy setting, and then flip it to an extreme tune. The best in the business for the 7.3 is and pretty much all of these get you to the same place so it all depends on who you feel like going with. Tony Wildman @ Total Diesel Performance. Jody Tipton @ DpTuner. Tadd Layton @ Elite Diesel. Any of those guys can get you just what you want. I know I used to have Wildman chip and love it. I used to have the Evo. I will never go back to it.

Muffler look at Aeroturbine.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

What kind of price range are we looking at for these custom tuners? I guess my questions come in what is the best for the money?
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Dieselis' Maximus

the price range will be better then the Edge system.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 05:50 PM

The price for a set of gauges and the custom burned chip will be better than the Edge stuff.

Kyle
Early 99 F-250SD 7.3 PSD 4x4. Auto, tymar type intake, straight pipe, Six inch stacks, Tony Wildman Four position chip, Street race, 80 Tow, 80 Econo, Extreme. Let the smoke roll. Upgraded torque converter. Autometer Ultralights on the Pillar. Running Cooper Discover STT's.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertpalm
Looks like you folks out in the mid to Eastern US do things a lot different than the west. Quite honestly, from the forums it sounds like you guys know more about this stuff then anyone I talk to out here.
IMO, you need to talk to some different folks out here on the west coast! :mafia

"Got Diesel" gave you good information which is no different than the equipment alot of west coast guys run. I pulled a dually D-max by two truck lengths on a hill just last week!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:49 AM

Gauges... Isspro... Tuning... Elite Diesel...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
TDG MAFIA #94

Send a message via MSN to StrokinSnyd
go with the custom burned chip, like previously said. Git bigger exhaust, 4" with mufler. this will help with milage and keep her quiet-er. custom burned chips are much cheper then edge stuff. that kit with the in-cab monitor will run you arround 1500 bucks...so git the chip then you can buy a in cab monitor such as this http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A2964A0A0.aspx

96 Dodge Cummins EC LB 5 spd big valve springs, full cut DV's, Big sticks, phat shaft turbo....yada yada yada.... plain and simple, it goes fast and pulls whatever
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Lightbulb Bargain!

I have a connection to pick up the Edge juice with Att for about 8 hundred. Does that change anything?
Do these tuners from DP and Elite shift on the fly then? Like the juice with att? Or do you have to program? How long does the programming take?
I heard the 80 hp economizer from DP is pretty sweet.
How much will the 4" with muffler help milage and how? I don't understand that.
I have a buddy with superchips in his 2001 7.3 F350. He claims hes getting 18 to 20 mpg. I'm doing about 11. What are you all getting, on average? I need to do better. I spend 35 bucks a week just driving to and from work. I only work four days a week.:thanks: You guys rock! Teaching me lots!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertpalm
I have a connection to pick up the Edge juice with Att for about 8 hundred. Does that change anything?
Do these tuners from DP and Elite shift on the fly then? Like the juice with att? Or do you have to program? How long does the programming take?
I heard the 80 hp economizer from DP is pretty sweet.
How much will the 4" with muffler help milage and how? I don't understand that.
I have a buddy with superchips in his 2001 7.3 F350. He claims hes getting 18 to 20 mpg. I'm doing about 11. What are you all getting, on average? I need to do better. I spend 35 bucks a week just driving to and from work. I only work four days a week.:thanks: You guys rock! Teaching me lots!
For $800 you could have a 6 pos chip and a better set of gauges. And your tranny will be much happier then with the Edge. All the chips mentioned are shift on the fly, turn the knob and your there.

A chip can be tuned for your code, not a generic psd tune that works on all years.

Your buddy with the superchips going by the overhead or he is lieing. Just us not going to happen. But with a good chip, intake and exhaust, you should see about 15-18.

4" exhaust helps by letting the truck exhale the spend gases qiucker, lowering drive pressures and EGT's:Thumbup:

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode