Where should I go. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Andy, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 484 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Question Where should I go.

I'm looking into getting different burns on my chip. When I pulled it this past weekend I tried it first in the highest setting. It didn't do as good as I thought it would. So I came back out the second time and ran it one setting less. And i deffinatly didn't notice a difference I even went about the same distance. I just had alot alot more smoke on the highest setting.

Now I'm not on here to knock the man who did it. I was just wondering if there are better applications out there for what I want to do with my truck. I really don't know what the setting are on the chip I just sent it out and when I got it back it didn't have any card with it or anything telling me what it was. I noticed a difference from what it was before for sure. And the gentleman knew everything that I had done to the truck before I even sent it.

Thanks allot guys
Andy:thanks: :ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:04 AM

IMO Wildman has the best tuning for obs trucks. He's spent TONS of time tuning them.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM

would he see a big improvemet by haveing it live tuned by some one as apposed to sending the chip off and just telling them what has been done to the truck.:shrug:

Ross
Show-ME Smokers 2.6 modified street pulling truck "The Lone Stroke" My Videos
1996 f350, powerstroke, 4x4, 5-speed, 4.56 gears, Swamps 450/600 injectors, Swamps BFH turbo, Swamps Idm, Swamps tunes, BTS oil, SBC clutch, studs, springs, tubes, air to water intercooler, fuel system, factory rods!

Tow Rig
1997 f350, srw, reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 4.10 gears, 3in down pipe, straight pipe, mystery chip.

Becker Brothers Enterprises
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 04:53 AM

well if u got alot of black smoke then its time for more air , your engine is only going to do so well with so much fuel then it starts to snuff out the fire , so now its time to get more air in that motor . a haze is all u really want not a huge black cloud that looks like it could kill every bug in a 1 mile radious lol
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacross
would he see a big improvemet by haveing it live tuned by some one as apposed to sending the chip off and just telling them what has been done to the truck.:shrug:
Yes huge difference between live tuning and sending a chip back and forth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode