Dp - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Jays7.3, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 538 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Dp

Ready to get it..Just was wondering how hard is it to install? I know there are some sites on ITP, but just wanted to ask some guys that have it..

Thanks for any help.

Early 99' f-250,7.3,auto,4x4,XLT

Dp-tuned,intake,eaxust,adrenaline HPOP,Itp over boost,bango bolts,HP crossover line,sun-coast trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
tjl

I don't know about the super duties but it was a pain in the butt to put it in an obs truck. If I remember right the automatic trucks where easier than the manual due to the clutch being in the way.

Tim

'96 f350 cc dually, 5 speed w/ short throw shifter, stage 1 injectors, '03 sd intercooler, d66 turbo, DP Tuner F5 chip (stock, high idle, tow, econo, extreme) modified IDM, CCV mod, gutted EBPV

343 hp
670 tq

Dually Club #20

B.O.M.B. Squad #7
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 PM

It was an easy install on my 02. I think it took about 45 minutes. The worst part for me was re-intalling the computer back through the firewall.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
99_stroker

look in the other 7.3 forum there is a link to the install video of the dp tuner that takes you to www.dieselmovies.com its much simpler than reading through directions
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Mafia Member #93

It really is easy. took me about 30 minutes. And I didnt mount mine where they "recomend" to cause I didnt want it down by the steering wheel so I drilled a whole up on the dash and mounted it there.
And definatly use that vid it is much easier to go by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjl
I don't know about the super duties but it was a pain in the butt to put it in an obs truck. If I remember right the automatic trucks where easier than the manual due to the clutch being in the way.
Yeah manuals are twice a hard cause of the clutch and they have a different bracket the holds the PCM in.

~Jim

early 99 with some stuff on it
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 05:55 PM

It was a very easy install. Mine works great! but, I'm not real impressed with the way the mounting is. Your kinda on your own for mounting. My suggestion would be to cut a hole in your fuse panel cover so when the day comes to sell your truck, all you have to do is replace that cover.
Get some velcro tape to mount it to whatever panel you decide to use.
I also suggest cutting a hole in the back of the PCM cover to run the cable through. The instructions say to do this or just loop it out through the front which didn't work very well for me. I used a 1/2 in drill bit, drilled two holes side by side to run it through.

2006 Dodge Laramie Quad cab 4X4 muffler delete, that's it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks alot guys.
Il give her a try.

Early 99' f-250,7.3,auto,4x4,XLT

Dp-tuned,intake,eaxust,adrenaline HPOP,Itp over boost,bango bolts,HP crossover line,sun-coast trans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode