TDG Mafia Member #73
Join Date: May 2005
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Get a phillips screw driver, a regular screw dirver and a deep 13mm socket, 6 inch extention and ratchet, rubbing alcohol, and clear packing tape. Open the drivers door.
1. remove the door trim molding from the floor board to the dash. There are 2 phillips screws there.
2. Next, take the regular driver and pry up the plastic stud near the hood release.
3. Take the 13mm deep socket and remove the 3 nuts that secure the E-brake. I like to use a 6 inch extention for this.
4. Pull the E-brake off the studs and set it to the side. That will reveal the PCM.
5. Pull the black plug off the PCM and clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and make sure you clean it well and dont leave any lint on it. Be careful not to use anything that will scratch the tin from the PCM connector.
6. Install the chip and use the clear packing tape to secure the chip to the PCM. Dont use duct tape or electrical tape. They dont last.
7. route switch cable to desired location.
8. Put everything back together and take it for a spin.