ford killed my pcm & Dp - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by smokeone, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1652 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

ford killed my pcm & Dp

I recently had my truck towed to a local ford shop.truck died on highway. They replaced cps truck ran I supose anyway after that.I am not sure cause I was not there had to work.Well to make a long story short the computer at ford called for my pcm to be reflashed.I dont know what they did but they fried my pcm and my tuner.Needless to say I got a phone call and they said that I would have to pay them to replace pcm.Well I was a little angry to be exact and told them they were all nuts but not int hat exact wording.I left work went to dealer and made a big scene in front of potential customers and was ready to go to jail if I had to cause the truck ran before they touched it just died intermitently. I could have bought a 25 dollar part no big deal ya know. Anyway they didnt care for the scene I was making and decided that maybe the tech did something wrong replaced the pcm but I was not able to recoup any cost of the tuner.So if your smart do it your self wish I would have.anyone got a spare tuner or does anyone know if Jody can fix mine its a f5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 10:05 AM
fordt

828-221-0076 call and ask.

That sucks! I hate when the ywant to do some stuff not authorized, this happens.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:16 PM

big 10-4 i hate our ford dealership they are so overpriced and have stupid people work for them
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeone
I recently had my truck towed to a local ford shop.truck died on highway. They replaced cps truck ran I supose anyway after that.I am not sure cause I was not there had to work.Well to make a long story short the computer at ford called for my pcm to be reflashed.I dont know what they did but they fried my pcm and my tuner.Needless to say I got a phone call and they said that I would have to pay them to replace pcm.Well I was a little angry to be exact and told them they were all nuts but not int hat exact wording.I left work went to dealer and made a big scene in front of potential customers and was ready to go to jail if I had to cause the truck ran before they touched it just died intermitently. I could have bought a 25 dollar part no big deal ya know. Anyway they didnt care for the scene I was making and decided that maybe the tech did something wrong replaced the pcm but I was not able to recoup any cost of the tuner.So if your smart do it your self wish I would have.anyone got a spare tuner or does anyone know if Jody can fix mine its a f5.
I think that is good advice! I just had my truck in for a CPS warranty repair, and I didn't remove my F5. Thankfully, they didn't do more than I asked.

2006 Dodge Laramie Quad cab 4X4 muffler delete, that's it.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 04:22 PM

i bet if you call jody he would work with you on that matter,

2000 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, Oxford White, 305x70x16 BFG A/T K/O, 16x10 Alum. Wheels, XM and other stereo goodies, Autometer Ultralite Guages (TRANS, PYRO, BOOST) 3.73's, Dp-Tuner F5 w/ 60tow, 80tow, 80econo, 100, 120, 140 :Thumbup: , AFE Stage II, 4" SS Sraight Pipe, B & W Turnover and Tow n Stow receiver hitch, 08' Tailgate (thanx to Blowin' Smoke) rhino-liner, 05' Grille, newer drink holder, Kobalt full width chest, boost fooler
SOLD 07/08

1989 Dodge W250 Regular Cab (purchased from original owner 10/31/09)
AT, A/C
120,00 miles
needs some goodies
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 04:30 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
This is why you should always remove your chip/tuner before letting them work on it. If they installed a new PCM then it is now different from what your F5 is so you are going to have to have something redone on your F5

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I actually believe that they went to a junkyard and got the part cause I pulled it out and it has the exact same #s on it .You are right though I emailed Jody and he is going to help me out.I would advertise DP TUNERS on my truck if they would want.BIG LETTERS TOO!! But they might not like the old maroon grandpa looking truck as my sister calls it. Its towed her one headlight havin minnie van before though.

99F-250 cold air
Dp40t,80t,80e,120r
gt38r 4" pipes
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeone
I actually believe that they went to a junkyard and got the part cause I pulled it out and it has the exact same #s on it .You are right though I emailed Jody and he is going to help me out.I would advertise DP TUNERS on my truck if they would want.BIG LETTERS TOO!! But they might not like the old maroon grandpa looking truck as my sister calls it. Its towed her one headlight havin minnie van before though.

I'll send you a bunch of stickers for your truck with the new chip. If you send me a pic and write up about your truck I'll put it on our website also.

Diane
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

As far as I know, you cannot "fry" a computer by reflashing it. You can definatley screw up the software so it will not run or do anyting useful. Me = guilty of that one or twice.

All you need to do then is "reprogram as replacement", basically reprogram the PCM as if it were new. Then it's fixed. I would bet that is what heppened.

Computers don't like low voltage during programming, and if they had been starting it, or cranking it for a whle - heck maybe they left the door open with the dome light on - the PCM voltage gets too low to program correctly, and the software gets scrambled. Sounds like windows doesn't it.

'93 F-250 HD, 7.3L IDI, 5spd - FARM TRUCK
I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 07:34 PM
strokin now cummin later!

can jody reburn his tunes on a ts chip? i want a dp tuner but i dont want to spend another $500 bucks or so for a chip when i already have one.

Erik, 2001 psd 4x4 lariat ext cab pulling truck
Ts 140hp 6pos chip, 100hp split shots, stealth 2 pump,h2e turbo, tranny, afe stage 2,
5" exhaust turbo back, 10" stack, 3.9k mod on a switch, shimmed fpr,hx crossover hose, tc lock up switch. Custom weight rack and ladder bars, f550 springs, custom paint,5%+15% window tint, clear lights,custom billet grille, very big stereo, 20x10 moto meatals wrap with 33x13.50x20 ss iroks

1996 2500 12v 2wd auto reg cab, flat bed, afc mods, sdx 140hp sticks, 4gsk, 60lbs springs, 191dv's, head studs, 16* timing, phat shaft 62/65/14 no plate, exhaust, intake, tanny, auto meter, adjustable overflow valve.

Singles Club #42

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode