Anyone tried custom programs for Evolution II by Dp Tuners? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Gee, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 821 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Gee

Anyone tried custom programs for Evolution II by Dp Tuners?

Wondering if anyone has had an oppurtunity to try some additional custom tuning on a Evolution II programmer.I'm considering going that route and/or maybe stacking a Dp Tuner Chip if at all possible with my 99 7.3L PSD.
Let me know guyz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 10:11 PM

I think that I heard Diane say in another thread that they cannot do the Evolution II's anymore because of emmission standards?...Don't hold me to that, but that is what I recall. I would say stick to the chip. The chip will overide the downloader anyway. I have a superchip stuck on my PCM, but the DP Tuner F-5 chip overides it. The chip allows for adjustment on the fly, which is much better IMO.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 10:14 PM
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
Ryan's right. Jody can't put the custom tunes on the Evolution anymore. Diane told me that there are CARB standards, and other emissions controls that Edge Products support, and they could no longer offer custom tunes. Sorry to break the bad news to you...I was dissapointed as well.

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Gee
Threadstarter

I knew I should've done it sooner.....DARN!!!!!! Well I guess I can just keep the Evo II for it's gauges and look into a DP tuner chip.
Is there a BIG improvement or noticeable differance in power going with a Dp chip over the Evo II settings?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:26 PM

i originally had the edge ez and the evo on my truck, liked them as I had ran them individually as well and combo'd they were better but really I PERSONALLY dont think that the edge products compare to what Jody and Diane can do with a chip inparticular the F5

Special Thanks and Holiday Greetings to Dp Tuner

2000 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, Oxford White, 305x70x16 BFG A/T K/O, 16x10 Alum. Wheels, XM and other stereo goodies, Autometer Ultralite Guages (TRANS, PYRO, BOOST) 3.73's, Dp-Tuner F5 w/ 60tow, 80tow, 80econo, 100, 120, 140 :Thumbup: , AFE Stage II, 4" SS Sraight Pipe, B & W Turnover and Tow n Stow receiver hitch, 08' Tailgate (thanx to Blowin' Smoke) rhino-liner, 05' Grille, newer drink holder, Kobalt full width chest, boost fooler
SOLD 07/08

1989 Dodge W250 Regular Cab (purchased from original owner 10/31/09)
AT, A/C
120,00 miles
needs some goodies
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:48 AM

I have the EVO 2 with DP Tunes.

I can tell you the power is way better over the Edge program..

teh edge evo would dump alot of smoke and hit 1300 degrees on the egt without trying

no more with teh DP tunes.

So what if I ever have a problem with my EVO.. Will DP still take care of me ore should i look into a chip and sell my EVO.. I love the functions of the EVO and the styling.. Not a fan of pillar gages..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestoffroad
I have the EVO 2 with DP Tunes.

I can tell you the power is way better over the Edge program..

teh edge evo would dump alot of smoke and hit 1300 degrees on the egt without trying

no more with teh DP tunes.

So what if I ever have a problem with my EVO.. Will DP still take care of me ore should i look into a chip and sell my EVO.. I love the functions of the EVO and the styling.. Not a fan of pillar gages..
Of course we will take care of you. We just can't tune the EVO's any longer. We will work with you.

Diane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode