Weird running stock program - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Strokin40s, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 482 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Weird running stock program

I just took my edge juice /attitude off to sell and getting dp soon but after i took the edge off its running like total crap. i cant even hear my exaust just turbo noise. I know when my main computer fried i got a new one and had the dealer upload the factory stock program and it ran awesome and sounded good (unlike with edge on) im almost wondering if i should go get the stock program loaded back on but i thought that it would have it when i took the edge off? or did the edge erase it?

The edge fried my main computer before!!! (dealer installed ran for a year fine) after sending the chip back and getting it fixed when it came back it ran great and recently it started running like crap again with the chip so im wondering if it screwd my computer up again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:56 PM
BJS

Quite possible that it messed up your computer again. You can see about having the dealer or DP Tuner reflash the PCM and see if that will fix the problem.

It is possible that you have some other problems that the programming on the edge were masking that have just gotten bad enough recently to be noticed now and are even worse when you took the edge out.

95 F350 Centurion Conversion Bronco (Crew Cab SRW) 4X4 4.10, Isspro Performax Boost, Pyro, & trans temp on the A-pillar, BDP Stage 1 injectors, Open air intake, Dpp Downpipe, Self built E4OD with parts from Racer-X, Tony Wildman Chip, Early '99 Intercooler.

Destin FL Vacation Houses 1 block from the beach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode