forget ts - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by smokin02, this thread has received 24 replies and been viewed 2898 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

forget ts

i put my TS 6pos chip in over a month ago...the next day my truck died...it was in the shop almost 3 weeks with a burnt pcm and fuel pump. After having my truck up and running stock for about a week i sent the ts chip to the ts place in bowling green to have it double checked and re programmed....well i had a real mechanic install it today and the truck wont start with the chip but runs fine without it.....the pcm i put in i think is rebuilt is it possible the computer may reject any chip??? or should have i gone with dp in the first place??im very frustated with this any input is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
4cstr

Is the chip programmed for the same "code" as the new pcm?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:52 PM
GOS
Supporting Vendor

It sounds like a calibration problem between the chip and the computer. See if your mechanic can pull the hex. code out of it and I can help you get computer family number from that. Then we can see how your chip is being programmed.

Contact 1-800-620-4467
Fax 1-406-222-4926
[email protected]

GOS Performance, Livingston, Mt. Wholesale distributor for Edge, Superchips, SCT, Quadzilla, Smarty, Diablo, Dr Performance, Bully Dog, MBRP, Magnaflow, aFe, S&B, Industrial Injection, High Tech Turbos, BD Diesel, ATS Diesel, SunCoast, South Bend Clutch, Haisley Machine, ARP, DiPricol, Autometer, Revtek, Superlift, Rancho, ProFab, Destroked Conversions, family owned and operated since 1994. Dealer Inquiries welcome.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

im not familiar with this so bare with me....i need to ask my mechanic to pull the "hex code" should this be a combination of #s?? i didnt think it would be different than the stock "hex code" ...after i get this code...could the guys at ts program it according to the different "hex code"? is that how it would work?? im a little discouraged of taking it back considering i just gave him 55 dollars to do nothing pretty much...please keep the advice comin so i can wake up my beast!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
GOS
Supporting Vendor

TS Chip

Give me a ring and I will explain. I can send you a piece of equipment to burn it to whatever code you like. The hex code is a code that can be pulled with the scanner. The reason I need the hex code is, remanufactured PCM's from anyone other than Ford can have different programming in them from what is labeled on the outside of the computer. For that matter depending on year I can send you a burner for the code needed. Example NVK,PMT,VDH, if I had you chip I can program it for you then send the correct burner and you should be ready to roll.

Contact 1-800-620-4467
Fax 1-406-222-4926
[email protected]

GOS Performance, Livingston, Mt. Wholesale distributor for Edge, Superchips, SCT, Quadzilla, Smarty, Diablo, Dr Performance, Bully Dog, MBRP, Magnaflow, aFe, S&B, Industrial Injection, High Tech Turbos, BD Diesel, ATS Diesel, SunCoast, South Bend Clutch, Haisley Machine, ARP, DiPricol, Autometer, Revtek, Superlift, Rancho, ProFab, Destroked Conversions, family owned and operated since 1994. Dealer Inquiries welcome.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Your 2002 should be a VDH... If your a late 01 it MIGHT be a PMT but I doubt it!

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

sounds great i appreciate all the help and trouble...i will do that however the guy from ts seems eager to help me and he said all he needs is a # off the black cap that popped off the new pcm.....i dunno if this is the same thing your talkin about or not but ill def keep you updated if he cannot further help me....thanks again and ill let you know what happens as i may very well need to call ya!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM

What he was saying was that since it's a rebuilt PCM, the actual code might be different than what is on that little black cap. A PCM can be reflashed, and it doesn't always have to be the same as what is on the sticker. For example, the PCM in my truck is labeled as a VDH5. It was reflashed last summer to a VDH2. Not a big difference, but you get the point.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

oh well im lookin at the cap off the new one and it is vdh4...so if this is different than the stock one(which i doubt) the guy at ts should be able to program my chip accordingly? thanks for all the help
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 AM
fordt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin02
oh well im lookin at the cap off the new one and it is vdh4...so if this is different than the stock one(which i doubt) the guy at ts should be able to program my chip accordingly? thanks for all the help
We can't tell you that it is or isn't different than the original program. All we know is the black cap says it should be VDH4. Best bet is to get Ford to read you hex, or head back to TS and have them check it out and fix the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode