Thinking DP Tuner... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by John_DeereGreen, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 835 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
Thinking DP Tuner...

I'm just thinking right now since I'm still on stock intake and exhaust and no gauges. I tow about half the time I'm on the road and it's anywhere from 5K to 12K pounds. I'd like some performance, towing, and economy tunes. Give me some idea as to what tunes you guys are running doing these things and the mileage you're seeing. If it's not in your signature, please post transmission 4X2 or 4X4 and gear ratio. I know I want DP, I just don't know what I want.

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM

It's really up to you and your preferences. I only wanted 3 tunes.... something for towing that is extremely safe, a daily driver tune with a bit of punch, and an all out racing tune that pushes every bit of power available out of the engine. The tunes I'm running are custom since my truck was live tuned by Jody, but they are based on the 40 high altitude tow, 80 econo, and 140 extreme. Other folks have different preferences, needs, etc. When in doubt, give Jody and Diane a call or shoot an email to them with your questions and needs. They'll be glad to help. Do it now or you'll have to wait until they get back from Smokin in the Smokies.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 01:22 PM

you'll still want gauges even if just your egt, i like my F5 60tow, 80econo, 100, 120, 140aggressive

2000 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, Oxford White, 305x70x16 BFG A/T K/O, 16x10 Alum. Wheels, XM and other stereo goodies, Autometer Ultralite Guages (TRANS, PYRO, BOOST) 3.73's, Dp-Tuner F5 w/ 60tow, 80tow, 80econo, 100, 120, 140 :Thumbup: , AFE Stage II, 4" SS Sraight Pipe, B & W Turnover and Tow n Stow receiver hitch, 08' Tailgate (thanx to Blowin' Smoke) rhino-liner, 05' Grille, newer drink holder, Kobalt full width chest, boost fooler
SOLD 07/08

1989 Dodge W250 Regular Cab (purchased from original owner 10/31/09)
AT, A/C
120,00 miles
needs some goodies
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia #76
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH MILEAGE ELITE
you'll still want gauges even if just your egt, i like my F5 60tow, 80econo, 100, 120, 140aggressive
Yep, I know. Waiting on someone to get the Performax gauges from ISSPRO on their web site...

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode