I'm Back! Looking for an update on whats avaible now - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by JD99PSD, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 818 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
PSD addict!

I'm Back! Looking for an update on whats avaible now

Hello everyone,
Its been about a year and a half since I made a huge mistake and sold my '99 F-350. I have regretted it ever since, and I got the opportunity to buy it back (from my Mom's boyfriend, who has only put 6000 miles on it!). Its a 4X4 Crew cab Lariat Dually, with only 53,000 miles... obviously why I wanted it back so bad!

Anyway, I have a Wildman 4 pos chip, big *** dura lite filter, exhaust, and a factory tech valve body in the trans. Is there any new stuff out there I should be aware of, performance wise that wasn't available a couple years back for the 7.3? I don't sled pull with it, but obviously more power is always nice! I see tony's name is still all over so it must still be a pretty good chip... Is there anything out there worth stacking it with?

One last thing, right before selling it, I was thinking about fuel system stuff, and almost bought the larger oil cross over line for the injectors... Is that worth it, any other fuel system options out now? I've got to get back into the 7.3 oil fired state of mind, I've been messing with the common rail cummins trucks...

Bottom line, Ford makes THE truck, PERIOD.

Glad to be back.

Jason

'08 F350 Crew Cab 2wd Dually, Custom two toned black over silver, lowered 2"/4" 22" alcoa's w/304/40/22s, SCT Livewire w/RCD tune, flowpro dpf delete.

1984 Volvo 760 GLE, D24T I-6 12v turbo diesel, ARP head studs, MLS head gasket, ported/polished head with 3 angle valve job, turned up pump, front mount IC, custom built T3/T4, monster dura-lite filter, 3" turbo back, WC T-5 swapped, clutchnet 6 puck disc.
Look for it in Diesel Power soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 02:22 PM
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
First thing I would consider is a reburn for the chip. I'm sure Tony has improved his tunes in the last couple years since you bought it.

Fuel system: don't buy anything FASS. Airdog is the only way to role. For a regulated return to get rid of the wonderful factory deadhead fuel system, look into ITP Diesel's regulated return, or DI's regulated return. Dennis and David both have great products!!!

As far as big power improvements, there might be. I'm not sure when Jim started offering DIY injectors, but I don't believe it's been that long. With only 53K miles, your truck would be a great candidate for them. Stage 1 injectors for 600 bucks...can't beat that!!

I'm not sure what you can do for the trans, should you want to go bigger, other than BTS or John Wood.

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
PSD addict!
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info. I'll get in touch with Tony and find out what he has come out with recently... I don't want to go quite to the level of a built trans... Maybe when this one goes, but with only 53k on it, I think its got some life left! The DIY injectors sound nice, is that a swap out the tip sort of thing? What kind of power increase are we talking?

The dead head fuel thing is one of the first things I plan to address. I've looked into the ITP kit, and it looks nice... I was thinking I could build something a little cheaper, but having the lines made may end up being a PITA. Any other suggestions for fuel system improvements? At what level do I need to look into a bigger/better lift pump? I remember researching this stuff a couple years back, but I've gotten kinda rusty on powerstroke performance mods...

Jason

'08 F350 Crew Cab 2wd Dually, Custom two toned black over silver, lowered 2"/4" 22" alcoa's w/304/40/22s, SCT Livewire w/RCD tune, flowpro dpf delete.

1984 Volvo 760 GLE, D24T I-6 12v turbo diesel, ARP head studs, MLS head gasket, ported/polished head with 3 angle valve job, turned up pump, front mount IC, custom built T3/T4, monster dura-lite filter, 3" turbo back, WC T-5 swapped, clutchnet 6 puck disc.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 02:09 AM
TDG Mafia #76

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen
In my opinion, you're not going to find anything better than Dennis' kit. By the time you piece it together on your own and buy fittings, hoses, and whatnot you're going to spend around the same either way.

You might also make a post in the 7.3 forum it's self, instead of the tuner forum. Not as many people come in here.

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
PSD addict!
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info... I posted in here because my question was more performance related... Some other boards I've been on get all bent out of shape when you post a question in the wrong section!

Jason

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:38 PM
TDG Mafia #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD99PSD View Post
Thanks for the info... I posted in here because my question was more performance related... Some other boards I've been on get all bent out of shape when you post a question in the wrong section!

Jason
Not here...if it's in the wrong forum they'll move it. No one gets too upset about it!!

Jarrett
04.5 qcsb commonrail
Smarty TnT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode