need help stock 02 with predator - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 85bobraGT, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 739 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

need help stock 02 with predator

(rough start/idle, white smoke) i know why mine is running bad. passed a transport on the way home and got a soft code, engine light. went out and seemed to run ok the rest of the way home..but next day truck seemed to have some issues...rough start-up and idle and lots of white smoke....there was always a little on start up but never this much..truck is stock 02 f350 xl work truck (2wd super cab long box) 430,000 km (i know its high) i bought a diablosport predator u7170..put on 60 hp economy tune, ran fine except i think i was on the throttle too long, accelerated hard to pass a transport and another car in front of it......it was due for oil change too but wanted to diagnose a leak on top first..i think from the hpop... now it definitely needs new oil because it is a little low and dirty... any help is appreciated...should i change the oil before i even try to start it again? i am just really worried that i have damaged something... maybe i shouldn't have been so hard on it? ...could it be just an injector gone or the over-volatage caused some sensor to meltdown? am hoping its not engine damage... also where is the icp and how to disconnect to check it? also how to buzz test injectors..

Last edited by 85bobraGT; 09-06-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: want to give enough background on the truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

engine light not on but the programmer shows P0603 PCM Keep Alive Memory Error?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

What does the smoke smell like? Fuel? Sounds like an injector issue. . .would be extremely probable with 400k+ miles on the injectors.

-Brad Desatnik
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 PM

pull the codes it will give you the first set from the programmer sets off then it will give the real codes I just had this happen last week ran into the store to grab something. When I came out all I could smell was diesel and the truck was running like **** and smoking like a train (white smoke). Long story short it was the wiring harness and the UCVH gasket were melted but when I first remove the valve cover it looked normal until I unplugged it. Changed it out with a older set I had from doing the drivers side last year.Fired back up and runs like a charm again. But the programmer will only give you a P1316 code which is codes stored in the IDM. Good luck

2001 F-350 CCLBDRW 4" MBRP cool duals,AFE stage 2 PROgard,Diablo programmer,CCV mod,zoodad mod,Itp overboost kit,AIH delete,custom aluminum tonnue cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode