BD RAD top speed eliminator and schield diesel antidefeuler - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by masonjo, this thread has received 21 replies and been viewed 4364 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

BD RAD top speed eliminator and schield diesel antidefeuler

wats the difference between the two and should it be on my to get list

Josh

01 2500 dodge 24 valve 200k miles, striaght pipe exhaust, bully dog j-hook,home made cold air intake,Full Georend tranny,billet input,billet output,lam flex plate, TQ lock-up switch, Holley Blue pump, RV275's, BD top speed elimintator w/RAD Hot Edge juice w/Attitude
:smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 08:29 PM

Both the BD RAD (Racers Anti-defueler) and Schieds Antidefueler do basicly the same thing, they remove the defueling on 1st and 2nd gear. They are really only for racing so if you aren't doing any racing don't waste your money. The only downside to them is you loose your dash gauges (not sure for how long)

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:28 PM

I have the BD RAD, and its nothing really special. I can't tell you how much difference it makes racing because My tranny is stock and I won't race it like that. I played around with it a couple of times, not doing 4hi launches and only 10psi boost or so, and it does make a difference I'll tell you that. Without it, your torque management system takes over and doesn't really let the wheels spin too much. Turn it on and they'll spin for days. Dash gauges You lose tach and speedo only when the box is on, and it trips you check engine light with a p1693, nothing terrible, but there is no use in getting it cleared cause it will just come back again the next time you run it.

The top speed elimantor is always in effect as well, the module doesn't have to be in race position for the speed eliminator to work. I got mine from a friend and I don't know if he stole the bullet connectors from the package and then replaced them with the wrong size or if they came with the wrong size from BD. Anyways, if the connectors started falling off the wire, which would cause me to loose the gauges while the module was off as well as stall the truck on a number of occassions. Simple fix though, just make sure you have the red colored connectors, 18-22gauge, the blues are too big.

If you plan on racing go for it, if not, its not really worth the money, IMO.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 PM

Ok i have hear and read a bunch of information and i still always have this question and everyones answer is just get a redline box. But i am going to ask again. If i want all out power with electronics what else can i get other than an edge.

2002 dodge 2500 4x4, ATS stage 5 tranny, ATS billet flexplate, ATS torque commander, ARP headstuds, BHAF, custom S300 64/14 turbo, Big FASS fuel system, Industrial 10 holes, .093 tubes, Edge juice w/ attitude, smarty, Haisley streep puller cam, Hamilton Diesel head and orings, PDR valve springs, ATS exhaust manifold, Gauges, 285/75/16 BFG allterrians, front and rear replacements, and 5" exhaust.

:smoke '95 3500 4x4 dually red

raymac racing engine, big cam, fly cut pistons, 650cc pump, 26* timing, 5x18 EDM injectors, industrial s400
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 11:10 PM

Well that is true for all out power go with the Redline or the Blue chip Fuel mangement system, full on fueling boxes. Kind of spendy though.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 11:22 PM

yeah blue chips redline or the FMS box should be good. They both fuel high and hard, or you could try a smarty, I think the smarty only fuels to 3500 on the hard catcher program though. a Drag comp stacked with a redline makes some pretty impressive number.

Single B-1, helix 3 cam, Drag comp+Redline, Mach 8's, nitrous and a 4inch made 832hp at roughly 1200ftlbs. Thats a winning set up if you ask me, As far as I know, that isn't a hotrod pump either.
A truck with a Redline, B-1 turbo and mach 6's made 610 on fuel. Redline and a set of Don M's injectors is the way I would go if I were you.
Sean

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 11:38 PM
JUNIOR,junior Member

Have to ask, because I tried to do a burn-out the other day, spin them enough to get black marks for 25 feet or so but didn't "smoke" em even though when the turbo spins up on my performance setting, I know I have the power to do it. Heck, the truck tries to go sideways at 40 when I hit it.
Thought it felt like I had traction control or something like that going on (do have a limited slip rear end).
How do these mods you spoke of stop the "torque management" and what is "defueling"?

' 2008 White Superduty Exy Cab, 5th wheel HQ for my 25 foot 5th wheel Coachman Catelina 2000 Mobile Man Cave. Stereo: ALPINE INA-W910 GPS, CB, Mini 14, Back-up Camera, Glock 26 and much much more.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 AM

well the way to tell if you have limited slip is to do a burnout and if both sides spin, then you have a limited slip differential. There is also a vehicle equipment sticker somewhere on your truck that will tell you, I'm not sure where on the 06 but It was under the hood on my 12v and in the glove box on my 24v.

You do have a torque management system on your truck, it will defuel in first gear and I'm not sure about second. essentially it doesn't want your tires to break loose and lose traction so it "Defuels" or cuts back on the amount of fuel supplied to the motor. Defueling also occurs in every gear at the top of the RPM range, roughly 2800 but your predator should deal with that. I don't think that the predator does torque managment though.

BD does offer an RAD for your truck that does tq managment. So you should look into that. If I knew more of the specifics about the predator I could better help you. Someone else will probably chime in though.
Sean

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_ram_man
They are really only for racing so if you aren't doing any racing don't waste your money.
They come in handy pulling a sled with the VP44 and a Comp or PM3.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

but what about schield diesel antidefeuler for 75 dollars does it do the same thing as bd rad without the top speed eliminator???

Josh

01 2500 dodge 24 valve 200k miles, striaght pipe exhaust, bully dog j-hook,home made cold air intake,Full Georend tranny,billet input,billet output,lam flex plate, TQ lock-up switch, Holley Blue pump, RV275's, BD top speed elimintator w/RAD Hot Edge juice w/Attitude
:smoke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode