Need recomendations on what exhaust system. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 00'CUMMINS, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1020 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Need recomendations on what exhaust system.

I just got a edge juice with attitude on my 00' cummins and was wondering if anybody had a good experience with a certain exhaust? I am really interested in someone with some experience in a Grand Rocks exhaust system. Also my fuel pressure drops too 0 psi when I get on it, is there anything I need to do about this.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:18 AM

First off 2: to the garage!!

And about exhaust most all exhaust systems are easy install, and sound good. I helped install a 4in Flo-Pro exhaust on a buddy of mine's truck, it was as simple and cut off the old, and bolt on the new. And with you fuel psi dropping that much you should really look into a new fuel system like FASS fuel system or a GDP GFS fuel system.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:39 AM

I helped my brother install a MBRP on an 01 dodge, no problem, the hardest part was installing the down pipe from the turbo, as for your fuel pressure dropping to 0, not too good, need something to help it out, i put a holley blue on mine, nice and cheap and does the job nicely. I think a good many holley blues are installed, you could also go with a fass or other fueling system. But for me they all were out of my price range and a holley blue, couple of fittings, some hose and wires was just the right price for me. Good luck with your upgrades.

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbdodge24v
I helped my brother install a MBRP on an 01 dodge, no problem, the hardest part was installing the down pipe from the turbo, as for your fuel pressure dropping to 0, not too good, need something to help it out, i put a holley blue on mine, nice and cheap and does the job nicely. I think a good many holley blues are installed, you could also go with a fass or other fueling system. But for me they all were out of my price range and a holley blue, couple of fittings, some hose and wires was just the right price for me. Good luck with your upgrades.
Oh yeah i forgot about the Holley pump, it is a lot cheaper than buying a FASS or the GDP system, and yet provides plenty of pressure for the VP. And when installing the downpipe it helps to have 2 people, one under the truck holding the downpipe, and the other on top starting to thread the bolts on the downpipe flange, makes it alot easier.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 04:55 AM

My brother had a bad experience with his Holly. It died 3 times on him. As far as exhaust, just straight pipe it and be done with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode