Quadzilla?? Any good? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by txcattlejock, this thread has received 17 replies and been viewed 1514 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
TXCATTLEJOCK

Send a message via Yahoo to txcattlejock
Quadzilla?? Any good?

I need some insite into the Quadzilla products? By looking at price they are by far the most economical.

I have a 2002 Dodge 3500 HO 6 speed with 113,000 miles and would like to increase HP and Torgue but really don't want to have to add new injectors, turbo, etc.

I would be willing to upgrade exhaust and intake (cold air).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Cummins Man

I have been reading about alot of people having problems with them. Mostly seems to be with the map sensor and them making the truck run rough.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 01:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ash_flat_diesel
You ever heard "you get what you pay for"
DiabloSport Puck is economical also, I would recommend that over the QZ for an entry level module.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 06:03 PM

There was a software update for the MAP sensor issues. Also make note that it really did not affect anything. What happens is that we watch the boost signal to turn the module on and off. Some MAP sensors on older trucks were reading out of range and the module would not turn on until it showed about .4v which is about .5lb of boost. Other than that it was only annoying to people that say and watched the LED light as you can tell if it is in warm up mode or not.

Now for your application I would still recommend a timing module like the puck, or van aaken as they are going to be considerably less powerful. The XZT while only related at 50hp will have substantially more torque and more throttle responce as it is a fueling module. Now you would not have to upgrade your injectors or turbo but, you will likley slip your clutch if you use it on the high level much.

We also have a timing module on the way into beta testing that will also be very cost effective but, it is not out yet.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 06:20 PM

Thanks good info.
I am also looking into a new fueling box for my spring / summer upgrade party's and I am willing to buy new inj,trans upgradeEct what box do you guys think I should use? I like the quadzille products but also have good and bad. So what the real scoop? are all the so called problem fixed? if so count me in as a new customer. got to support our vendors.

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Cummins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadBoenker
There was a software update for the MAP sensor issues. Also make note that it really did not affect anything. What happens is that we watch the boost signal to turn the module on and off. Some MAP sensors on older trucks were reading out of range and the module would not turn on until it showed about .4v which is about .5lb of boost. Other than that it was only annoying to people that say and watched the LED light as you can tell if it is in warm up mode or not.

Now for your application I would still recommend a timing module like the puck, or van aaken as they are going to be considerably less powerful. The XZT while only related at 50hp will have substantially more torque and more throttle responce as it is a fueling module. Now you would not have to upgrade your injectors or turbo but, you will likley slip your clutch if you use it on the high level much.

We also have a timing module on the way into beta testing that will also be very cost effective but, it is not out yet.
Thank you very much for clearing that up. I know there has been alot of hear say on other boards but thanks for clearing that up. Is there anything we should do with our Map sensor if we install your product? should we try cleaning it? I would like to run one but it will be a while until I'm able.

Thanks again for the info.
Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Good question. I just replaced all my engine sensors this past fall.
I did this to avoid any problems this spring with my upgrade plans. I found it to be a fun experance and not too time consuming. Besides I needed A new VP Pump and just did the whole replacement thing. What the heck every 120,000 ani't too much to ask from a part. now all that is left to replace is the TPS and we are good to go for upgrade party's.
Andy why not just replace the sensor? it would be a whole lot more reliable and less of a problem in the long and shart haul.

2001 Dodge quadcab 4x4,Auto transmission,Fass 150/150 pump, Among other upgrades.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I be Architect'n

I will tell you that I've been extremely happy w/ my Quad. Commander, the only issue I've heard of is the boost reading, and that is as it's explained above. I've just use it for gauges, so I don't have any experience w/ their fuel or timing modules, but I wished it worked w/ my DP-Tuner, that would make it really pimp-tastic.

I had it installed and running in about 1.5 hours start to finish. Drilling and tapping the manifold was by far the hardest part of the install. I'll be getting the fuel pressure kit for mine real soon.

2K3 EXCURSION 7.3L 4x4 EDDIE BAUER 107K miles as of 06-13-07
AFE Stage II / 4" MBRP exhaust / DP-Tuner F5 (Stock, 60hp Tow, 80hp Econo, 120hp race & High Idle) / Quadzilla Commander/ATS Housing
Running homebrewed BioDiesel and custom SVO kit for 70k miles.:Thumbup:
Misc. Mods: ZooDad/By-Pass Oil Filter/203* T-Stat/Coolant Filter/HPX/CCV Reroute/Tranny Filter/Foil Delete/Stereo Stuff/ITP Reg Return/Non-EBPV Pedistal and Exhaust Housing/Adjustable Waste Gate Controller/

"If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back to you it was probably a high-side."

I'LL TRY TO KEEP UP, BUT THE EXCURSION IS A BIG GIRL AND BIG GIRLS DON'T LIKE TO MOVE FAST.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Cummins Man

Quad are you going to come out with a hot version of this box like the drag comp?

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todt061458
Thanks good info.
I am also looking into a new fueling box for my spring / summer upgrade party's and I am willing to buy new inj,trans upgradeEct what box do you guys think I should use? I like the quadzille products but also have good and bad. So what the real scoop? are all the so called problem fixed? if so count me in as a new customer. got to support our vendors.
Well, its not like the modules did not work. I admit that it did stay in the startup loop until a little boost came up which it is not supposed to do. All we did is lower the MAP voltage we need to stay in the main loop. Pretty simple but, some guys really get bent. If he would have dynoed it there would be Zero difference!

Well right now if you are willing to all of that I would look at the Standard module which is 120hp and it really pulls hard.

Now I am not sure how long you are planning on waiting before you get started but, we have 2 new 24v modules on the way in the very near future.

First is a "timing" module but it actually does fueling too they are just commonly known as a timing module. They should actually be called a Can Bus module. It will be adjustable on the fly and it will be USB updatable. It will also be XZT priced. I cannot mention much more yet but, it will be the only module like it that will have a USB. Yes we have plans for the USB but, right now it just gives you piece of mind that it is easy to get software updates if you ever have a drivability problem like with huge injectors or something. You can update it in about 2 minutes!

We also have a Race module which would be similar to stacking the Std module we currently have and the timing module. We will probably end up in the 150-160hp range. It has a LOT of features and has a special less expensive Commander to control it more like how Edge uses the Attitude. It has USB, Turbo Timer, and all sorts of cool stuff.

If you have the time you mght wait or you might sign up for the beta program? I am not sure how many beta testers we have for the 24v stuff but, it never hurts to sign up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode