Blue chips Redline Box?????? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jktcummins, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 1382 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Blue chips Redline Box??????

Has anyone tried the Redline box???? if so how well do you like it? From my understanding it does everything you can possibly want to do to the VP pump. Someone told me you can set it up to fuel up to 4000 rpms. How does the VP handle that kind of abuse??? I am really thinking about ditching the smarty idea and going with the redline keep the edge for the monitor and calling it quits on the electronic side of things.

2002 dodge 2500 4x4, ATS stage 5 tranny, ATS billet flexplate, ATS torque commander, ARP headstuds, BHAF, custom S300 64/14 turbo, Big FASS fuel system, Industrial 10 holes, .093 tubes, Edge juice w/ attitude, smarty, Haisley streep puller cam, Hamilton Diesel head and orings, PDR valve springs, ATS exhaust manifold, Gauges, 285/75/16 BFG allterrians, front and rear replacements, and 5" exhaust.

:smoke '95 3500 4x4 dually red

raymac racing engine, big cam, fly cut pistons, 650cc pump, 26* timing, 5x18 EDM injectors, industrial s400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Bouncer

Edge and Smarty stacked together will do everything you can do with the Edge/Redline plus you have all the features the Smarty offers. I have heard the Redline box is very, very, very touchy when it comes to the throttle.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 03:59 AM

i have a redline on my 02 and i love it!!!! I had a TST drag comp ( before it was stolen ) before and it was powerful but the redline gives you RPM's and sled pulling you need rpms. my tst would make my turbo bark if you if got out of the throttle to fast, the redline dont. I now have one the best runnin stock turbo trucks around!!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Mafia #42

Garage
Send a message via AIM to HighTQCummins
I heard they aren't the greatest on the street tho.

Hank

TDG and the Mafia lives on

TDG B.O.M.B. Squad #5

My Truck:2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4

Diesel is in my blood, I guess you can call it a disease, sadly there is no cure for it, it's my cross I must carry
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 09:17 PM

The Redline boxes work great. All the power you need, RPM's for pulling and work fine on the street if you turn it down.

If you would like to get one let me know. :Thumbup:

Performance Diesel Motorsports

5,500 RPM Common Rail Anyone??
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM

The redline is a racing/sled pulling box.IMO,it has no equal for all out performance.If you want it for the street,Id get a different box to run on the street,and turn it off to race,turn on the blue chip,thats what my friend does.
Remember,the Redline box bypasses everything and fuels off the TPS to 4075RPM,and pops like a gasser at that redline,instead of gently defueling,you have full hp to 4075RPM.That is why it isnt a street box,its got a hiccup as it goes off the PCM/ECM,and onto the redline box around 2000RPM or so.I do not think the smarty can rev that high.

2000 Dodge CTD 2500 4x4,Qcab SWB, 4.10 LSD,PDR cam,PDR twins,DonM 6,Edge Drag Comp,RASP fuel system,DTT trans,Blizzard 810,Sidewing plow,Trynex Vp8000,Sunnybrook 3310
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 PM
D_B

The Smarty will take the revlimiter off, you will need the fuel to push the truck to 4,000rpms though. That is also not a good idea unless you have upgraded the valve train to handle the RPM's. A good set of HD valve springs is where I would start before pushing a 24valve to 4,000rpms very frequently.

DB

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 LWB, Intense Blue, 5spd,
4:10's, all kinds of goodies and doodads!

NRA Lifer
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rods Send a message via MSN to Rods
Dittio on whats been said , I sold my RD in favor of a TST comp just cause of street manors and even with it stacked with a smarty I can push over 4k but the TST still defuels after 3500 (boost falls rpms still slowly climb ) if they can make the smarty fuel like the TST or basicly any good wire tapped box it would b nice , I now wish I kept my RD as my mods have changed and I hit the 3500 barrier down the track.. THERE is a new box being beta tested and I do have a hand in what they can do so I'm going to try and get it to fuel to 4k +

01 3500
Hendrix Auto Diesel
PowerPartsEngineerig
KennysPullingParts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode