what do i do - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by abrown, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 802 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

what do i do

I first got my truck less than a year ago. Soon after it started lossing all power and didnt wanna go in the middle of driving somewhere. I soon put the fass system and a new injection pump in problem solved.the to me it sometimes drags second out and doesnt wanna shift. I have never gotten above 13 mpg.anyway I did everything to get feul mileage up to no avail nothing worked Finally I added a new tranny.I still have the shift problem plus a surge ehen putting through parking lots and when hammering on the pedal,also last week I filled up and got on the gas pulling out the truck shut down and I had to bleed the injectors to get it to run. it also jumps in and out of lockup between 45-55. Tried resseting the apps as described on this site. Took away the lockup problem but a week later and its back please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Resetting the apps is just a temporary fix sometimes. You also need to clean your grounds real well and shield the alternator charge wire. If it still does it your next step would be to get a noise filter from DTT.As far as the other tranny issues go, there are a few tranny builders on here that are mentioned all the time. That is for a reason. They have a proven track record with putting a trans together that will hold what these trucks are putting out. It sounds to me like the torque convertor is slipping on you. That is the surging you are feeling while you are hammering the throttle(the power is to much for it to hold) the surge while putting through a parking lot is from the line pressure being low because of the upgrades and the pedal hardly being pushed. This creates the same situation. Not enough pressure in the tc and you get the surge. This is my opinion and not a diagnosis. I had similar issues though before I put in my tranny.

As far as bleeding the injectors and the stalling, start at the tank and check every fitting and inch of hose and see if you can find an air leak. They are a real PITA to find sometimes. I have been chasing one for more than a week now and still don't have it taken care of. If that doesn't help we can go into more detail and find some other possibilities.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:29 AM
Bouncer

Good info above.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

what is the best tranny builder for me.Every day driver but still want an awesome truck.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Bouncer

Several to choose from. I personally would go wih Goerend or Suncoast. There is also ATS, DTT, and some others.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:21 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

My signature says who I think is the best. GB all the way for me.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode