lift pump - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 01quadcab, this thread has received 20 replies and been viewed 1484 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
lift pump

I just put in my edge attitude with juice and everything is in and works great. But I only have 4psi at wot on level 1-3. level 4-5 drops to 2. Idles at 10 max. runst normal driving 7-8 is the lift pump going out? lift pump less than 1yr old. i have 2 other lift pumps that my dad bought for spares we have 4 trucks between us so might as well have spares. The fuel filter is 8 miles old. any help would be great. truck has been a money pit lately. but I do love the power :thanks:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Bouncer

Lift pump is probably not in all that bad of shape, you are just asking more from it thatn it can supply. In stock or lightly moded from the stock lift pumps can keep up reasonably well. Although when adding big boxes, injectors, etc they are just not designed to flow that amount of fuel. I would look into either a big line kit and a pusher pump or a complete FASS system.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
so in the long run would a fass system be the better option for longevity and overall cost? I have seen the kits for 426 shipped. which pump is better the 150 or the 95. once I do this I don't want to have to do it again. Is the system hard to install? if I put the big line kit with a pusher pump is the lift pump still in use? What about with the fass system? I just got done with 3500 into the tranny, figured better get guages so I went with the edge setup because it monitors everything another 850 so it's like where will this end. if I leave the box stock for now till i get a pump will it hurt the injection pump getting 4psi of fuel? I know I am asking a lot of questions but I do appreciate the help
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Bouncer

Well 4psi is better than nothing, but it's not near what it should be. I personally would go with the FASS myself, but I also understand about the money. If you do a search on here or go read through the 24v forum you will find lots of info about this subject nd it might help you to ease your decision.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 PM

i bought a vulcan big line kit, holley blue, and fp gauge but when i put the gauge on it showed i was getting 14psi @ idle and 6psi @ wot on a stock lp with 133,000 miles (can u believe it?). i believe the holley will do fine especially if your on a budget like myself. but if i had the money i probley would have gone with the FASS.

'99 ctd 6spd 4x4, edge comp, str8 pipe, k&n, silencer ring m.i.a., pyro, boost, and fp guages
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:54 AM

I have the fass 150 on mine and i love it, i ordered the 95 but was sent the 150 so i installed it anyway. I get anywhere from 17 to 19 at idle and has never got it below 10 at wot. Really easy to install also.

2000 CTD, HOT Juice w/Attitude, Smarty, Mach 2 injectors (105 HP), 4" exhaust, BHAF, SB Clutch, FASS 150 ARP 12mm studs, stage 3 snow kit.

2008 f350/96 cummins in the works.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
:thanks: well a buddy of mine has a holley blue that he is gonna give me. I am going to see if this helps the problem for now. I am buying some property by the 15th so I need to save my money for that. Dang down payments. But after that I will upgrade too the fass most likely. thanks for the help.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:33 AM

i just got a fass, i love it.
idle: 13psi
cruising: 10-11psi
wot: 9psi, MAYBE 8 in 5x5 on the juice
havent seen it drp below 7 yet

numbers are slightly lower than others w/ the FASS b/c i had to run the supply line thru the stock filter on the side of the block to retain my ability to read the psi w/ the attitude.

anyone know of any way to bypass an go to directly to the VP44 while retaining the edje banko bolt+psi probe?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
did the fass system line not come with one of the elbows tapped for a pressure port? like on the vulcan big line kit. you don't have to have the banjo bolt you can unscrew the sender out of it and just put it in the elbow no? http://www.vulcanperformance.com/ser...er-Pump/Detail the top elbow looks like a good one to use no?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01quadcab
:thanks: well a buddy of mine has a holley blue that he is gonna give me. I am going to see if this helps the problem for now. I am buying some property by the 15th so I need to save my money for that. Dang down payments. But after that I will upgrade too the fass most likely. thanks for the help.
Don't forget, if the pressure is a little low when you install the blue pump you can stretch the spring a little and pressure will increase. Just do it slowly. Once it is stretched it won't go back very easy.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode