super chip programmer with an edge? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 01quadcab, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 1046 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
super chip programmer with an edge?

ok come to find out from the previous owner of the truck that he bought it prgrammed with a super chip tuner.... he doesn't have the tuner or know exactly what was done... I have just installed the edge attitude with juice and am not sure if using them both will cause problems.. so for now the juice is stock not wanting to hurt anything. if it does have the super chip installed do I need to get rid of it or will they work together? love buying used stuff with not knowing all thats been done.. turns out its supposed to have injectors too he thought they were 60hp ones but not sure he bought it that way and changed nothing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
anyone does the superchip work with an edge juice with attitude or should I get the computer flashed and get rid of the programmer thats in it??
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 05:56 AM

I would not put two timing tuners/programmers together. You will eventually if not sooner burn your engine up (to much timing especially w/ Edge). If your not sure. Disconnect the batteries for 15-20 min. It should clear the Superchip program. Thats pure Superchip website.

'09 Dodge 2500 Quad 4x4 CTD G56
Carli Suspension loving coming soon!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
my first question is if you had too much timing and you were going to burn up the engine would the egt's not be getting pretty hot? I am trying to find the info on superchips because I don't see how when it programs the computer that it is going to just erase with no power. I had the hypertech in my 97 chevy and lost the alternator while driving so I had to pull out the batter to charge it and get a new alt and still had the hyper installed. please someone correct me if I am wrong here. because the superchip is supposed to have the stock configuration stored right? if you were able to disconnect the battery for 20 min then hook it back up your superchip programer would not work then right? :shrug:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 12:36 AM

When I get off shift Mon. I will look at the manuel book that came w/ my Superchip. If you go to the website. Click on the icon Flashpaq update. There is a forum link at the top of that page. Abunch of info on the Cummins page and also address your question there. That's where I seen the advice above I mentioned. There is also a way to clear a program on your truck in the manual. I will find out Mon. for you.

EGT may not show real hot to damage your engine. Other parts will start to fail before you figure it out w/ the pyro reading.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Thanks for the help. I am just trying to figure it out.

Max MicroTuner is what I would have in my truck if indeed it has a programmer before.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 04:51 PM

I don't know anything about the older Superchip. I thought you had the Flash Paq on. I would contact Superchips by phone and see what their suggestion is. Like you said in your prevously post. Take it to the dealer and get a reflash. They will charge you, but piece of mind knowing the program is erased from your truck. Good luck.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
yeah I am wondering but edge tech told me not to worry about it.. edge is owned by msd and msd also owns superchips so I guess your right I will contact superchips and see what they would be best
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 12:55 AM

I had some issues with a superchips programmer awhile back and when I called superchips all they could tell me is to send the stupid thing back and let them look at it. So then I had to drive around with there weak program in the truck for almost a month until they got it figured out. I ran edge products before and now I run them again. The next step will be a flash file from cummins and installed with cummins insite.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 AM

i tried one with my comp box and the fuel knock was soo bad it sounded like a rod was about to come through the block!! i wouldn't use it i would reflash the computer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode