smarty and 100horse injectors - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by My_oilburner, this thread has received 18 replies and been viewed 1441 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

smarty and 100horse injectors

i used to have a edge EZ with 100 horse injectors on a stock turob. i thought this setup would go pretty good. well i sold the edge and im looking at the smarty for my next box, my ? here is how would that be compared to the EZ with the injectors?..would it be a big deffernce in power? would it be worth the money to do a smarty over an edge comp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_oilburner
would it be worth the money to do a smarty over an edge comp?
No. Not at all.

A smarty will make no HP over 2000 rpm, if anything it will hurt high end horsepower.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

even with having the injectors, i guessing it would peak out a 2k then stop pulling hard? hrmm..i think i would like to feel and hear it having its monkey spanked throu the most of the power band if not all...i know the EZ would kick even at 2k plus
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 PM

Well the smarty will pull past 2k. It willl also allow you to turn 3800 rpms if you have the fuel for it. Over all the drivability of the smarty kills everything else. But it just doesnt have all the extra power.

2002 dodge 2500 4x4, ATS stage 5 tranny, ATS billet flexplate, ATS torque commander, ARP headstuds, BHAF, custom S300 64/14 turbo, Big FASS fuel system, Industrial 10 holes, .093 tubes, Edge juice w/ attitude, smarty, Haisley streep puller cam, Hamilton Diesel head and orings, PDR valve springs, ATS exhaust manifold, Gauges, 285/75/16 BFG allterrians, front and rear replacements, and 5" exhaust.

:smoke '95 3500 4x4 dually red

raymac racing engine, big cam, fly cut pistons, 650cc pump, 26* timing, 5x18 EDM injectors, industrial s400
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:02 PM
D_B

The Smarty will produce close to the same #'s as the EZ on a dyno. On the street or the strip the Smarty will show it's true colors though in much quicker 0 - 60 and 1/4mile times. Plus with the Smarty you get some cool features that the EZ doesn't produce. You get a high idle for cold temps, a code scanner/clearing devise, and if it's a older 24valve you get all the updated DC software to your ECM. Not to mention the Smarty will correct the speedo and odo for larger tires as well.

Once you have the Smarty for a while and want some more HP then you can stack it will a hoast of other fueling/timing boxes for some real arse kick'n HP.

It's a good buy at it's price and you can't go wrong with one IMO. Only down side I know of is there are guys with stock autos that say the Smarty does funny things to the tranny and the way it shifts. Other than that it's the real deal I think. :Thumbup:

DB

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 LWB, Intense Blue, 5spd,
4:10's, all kinds of goodies and doodads!

NRA Lifer
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktcummins
Well the smarty will pull past 2k. It willl also allow you to turn 3800 rpms if you have the fuel for it. Over all the drivability of the smarty kills everything else. But it just doesnt have all the extra power.
Your smarty must be different then the one I had...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B
The Smarty will produce close to the same #'s as the EZ on a dyno. On the street or the strip the Smarty will show it's true colors though in much quicker 0 - 60 and 1/4mile times. Plus with the Smarty you get some cool features that the EZ doesn't produce. You get a high idle for cold temps, a code scanner/clearing devise, and if it's a older 24valve you get all the updated DC software to your ECM. Not to mention the Smarty will correct the speedo and odo for larger tires as well.

Once you have the Smarty for a while and want some more HP then you can stack it will a hoast of other fueling/timing boxes for some real arse kick'n HP.

It's a good buy at it's price and you can't go wrong with one IMO. Only down side I know of is there are guys with stock autos that say the Smarty does funny things to the tranny and the way it shifts. Other than that it's the real deal I think. :Thumbup:

DB
The smarty will dyno 40 hp less then an EZ on a high horsepower truck.

The trans issue is not limited to stock autos.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 12:16 AM
D_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKoth
The smarty will dyno 40 hp less then an EZ on a high horsepower truck.

The trans issue is not limited to stock autos.
Do you program the Smarty? Are you it's proprietor?

You seem to know a lot about one and what it will and won't do.

DB

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 LWB, Intense Blue, 5spd,
4:10's, all kinds of goodies and doodads!

NRA Lifer
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 01:45 AM

I wouldn't think the tranny would shift any different by any programmer unless it somehow changed the way the PCM read the Gov. Pressure. Doesn't make sense to me. By what I've heard though the Edge Comp with the Smarty make a the perfect stack for a VP44. I'm pretty sure I heard the Smarty was good with low end fueling......... Not sure on that one though.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKoth
Your smarty must be different then the one I had...

Well yeah i had them but in a special program just on my smarty to allow it to fuel past factory specs. Also they threw in a automatic *** wipper for when i decide to put it on the #8 setting. It was all free of charge and not available to any other customer.

You must not have had a truck that liked it or you didnt program it in right or something. My truck doesnt even drive the same with it off. When its downloaded my truck will spin the tires with a empty 8500lbs trailer on behind it. It totally changes the entire driveablity of the truck. 100 time more responsive off the line and running down the road at pritty much any rpm. The Juice w/ attitude isnt **** without the smarty stacked on it.

2002 dodge 2500 4x4, ATS stage 5 tranny, ATS billet flexplate, ATS torque commander, ARP headstuds, BHAF, custom S300 64/14 turbo, Big FASS fuel system, Industrial 10 holes, .093 tubes, Edge juice w/ attitude, smarty, Haisley streep puller cam, Hamilton Diesel head and orings, PDR valve springs, ATS exhaust manifold, Gauges, 285/75/16 BFG allterrians, front and rear replacements, and 5" exhaust.

:smoke '95 3500 4x4 dually red

raymac racing engine, big cam, fly cut pistons, 650cc pump, 26* timing, 5x18 EDM injectors, industrial s400

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode