Question on Fuel Injector Pump, 99 Dodge 24 valve - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by farriersam, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 1346 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Question on Fuel Injector Pump, 99 Dodge 24 valve

I need information on the fuel injector pump , my truck starts fine in the mornings, after it has been driven for about five miles, I can shut it off, and wait 1/2 hour or longer it won't start, it is a standard, if I push it , it will start right off, or I can pour cool water over the fuel injection pump, and it will start right up.
My question is , is there something in the pump that I can work on that would fix this problem without replacing the intire injector pump? Or is there a cleaner that I can run through the fuel system that would help?
I did put a knew lift pump on it.
The truck runs fine other than the starting once it is warmed up.
It is a 99 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Duelly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Sounds like a bad injection pump to me. If that is the case you have to replace the whole unit. Pull the codes on the truck and let us know what they are.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 10:23 PM

He is correct pull the codes and let us know......I have heard of people chaniging just the computer portion of the pump....could just be a rumor, but you may as well change the whole thing. If you spend say 400 on the computer the internal pump will fail in a few days. It is just murphys law

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode