Hot VP44 or Blue Chip's VP44 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Mad Dog Cycles, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 5995 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Hot VP44 or Blue Chip's VP44

After reading the sticky on Fuel Problems, I've come to the realization that my injector pump is dying. So I could replace with a stock unit or upgrade to the Hot VP44 or the Blue Chip pump. Are there any pros/cons of either? This is for a work truck that I plan on mildly hot rodding down the road, but I'm mostly looking for mileage and longevity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 PM

Blue Chip's VP44. There one that adds 25hp gives you another 2-4MPG. Made with Fedex programming, reinforced case, etc.

EDIT: Special X is the name of the beast.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Official TDG Doctor

I have a Industrail Injection pump, its not a Hot Rod...just a ReMan from them, but I really like it.

Nathaniel

Kickin' It At The Passing Lane
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 04:10 AM

I have the industrial hot rod pump and i am really impressed so far.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog Cycles
After reading the sticky on Fuel Problems, I've come to the realization that my injector pump is dying. So I could replace with a stock unit or upgrade to the Hot VP44 or the Blue Chip pump. Are there any pros/cons of either? This is for a work truck that I plan on mildly hot rodding down the road, but I'm mostly looking for mileage and longevity.

My VP44 is on its way out as well. If you want your truck to run smooth stay away from the ot rod VP44. My buddy has one hense the name hot rod pump, they were trying to make the cummins sound like a hotrod. Granted it adds some HP, i went for a ride in my buddies truck and didn't like the fact that the truck shook a lot from it, like it was runing rough. I plan on getting the Blue Chip Special X pump. Its only another $300 more than the factory reman offered by bluchip. Plus the pump gives you an added 25HP to the rear wheels, gives you a lil better fuel mileage, and the pump is slight advanced internally to give you those features. To make it even better it still had the Bosch 1 year warrantee offered by Blue Chip. Go to bluechipdiesel.com and get in contact with Chip Fisher "owner". You won't be disappointed.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 02:28 AM

if you want longgevity go with bluechip but for all out power go with a scheid hrvp44 it has the best programming on the market out of all the hotrod pumps. hands down but remember they are all the same when you go adding fueling boxs to your truck
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 01:04 AM

Has anyone got it figured out why the Special X doesn't work on the HO/ETH engines? Haven't got a straight answer from them.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phily 911
Has anyone got it figured out why the Special X doesn't work on the HO/ETH engines? Haven't got a straight answer from them.

couldn't tell you, but im sure there is a good reason for it.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 04:42 AM

yeah i would go with blue chips knew electronics are good adn a steel sleeve sounds really good. I would like know why not on ho too
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar440
yeah i would go with blue chips knew electronics are good adn a steel sleeve sounds really good. I would like know why not on ho too

I don't know about why you can't get one for the HO. I just did my special X VP44 a week ago and boy do i love it. Real snappy. def more power. extra 25HP to the rear wheels. It sounds meaner too. Has more of a crackle to it. runs very smooth. If you wanna know about why they don't make one for the HO engines why not call Blue Chip and talk to Chip Fisher himself. just call and wait for the answering machine to answer then hit the number 1 and it will goto his cell. I also asked where they got the extra 25 hp numbers from. He told me they had a truck they baselined on a dyno and it had 230 at the rear wheels stock. Once the special X VP44 was on there he told me they were 260 at the rear wheels from what the dyno was saying. I didn't ask him about the torque readings, sliped my mind, but if a stock 24V is making 460 TQ flywheel, im sure its close if not a little over 500TQ at the rear wheels. check the site out bluechipdiesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode