Aftermarket manifold/plenum - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by gearhead87, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 773 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket manifold/plenum

Does anybody have an aftermarket intake manifold, like the Banks or BD X-Intake? I'm thinking about getting a CFM Plus intake and I'm wondering if anybody has any first hand expierience. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I like beer.

Send a message via AIM to NukleusX Send a message via Yahoo to NukleusX
I know of people with them on their dodges, and my dad has one on his 6.0 PSD. I dont know how much it helps in the long run unless it is combined with other breathing mods such as a different turbo, larger intercooler, etc.

That said, I would go with other modifications before getting one of these. They all claim to flow more air (like all the CFM+ ads you see where they compare to stock and competitor on a chart), though if you think about it, does this really matter at that exact point in power production if you are not running a higher flow air filter (which would be very minor at this point in the system) or a larger turbo.

Just my $.02 sorry I dont actually have one, just stating what I have read and heard.

Jeremy
94 Ram 2500 4x4 RCLB.
Power: BHAF, 4" exhaust, S300G, 15.5*, 100 plate, 90 hp sticks, 191 dvs, Mike L. trans. more when i remember.
Appearance: 1 pc headlights, HIDs, 4.5" lift, flippy mirrors (up), not so chrome 6" silverline exhaust tip, not so fancy aftermarket wheels
American Club #33
Singles Club #74
TDG Mafia #111

http://www.socaldieseltrucks.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 05:18 AM

someone did a dyno on three different ones the afe , ats and cfm the cfm did the best but being noted for les materail in ports ie boost and water/eth nosel cant remember who did it but unless your moving more air than stock i cant see it helping much i would guess in upgrade list it would fall near the turbo and intercooler i would do it with water meth if i did it before intercooler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode