What are good sticks - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Onebadtruck, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 672 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

What are good sticks

Are the Edge jammers any good? if not what are then?

2001, 2500 tow rig.( BHAF with AFE turbo tube, BD AUX pump, 4" turbo back pipe, Super Phat Shaft turbo, Comp Box, SMARTY, Gauges { egt, boost, tranny}, Fully built Tranny, New BD-VP44, 40HP injectors Painted Valve cover) Looking to smoke everyone:

93 YJ Juggy rock crawler ( UNIMOG axles with lockers F/R, Atlas 4 speed T-case full body armor, 14" fox coilovers F/R, 42" Pitbull tires on 20" beadlocks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 06:39 AM

Meh, the edge jammers aren't great, they are just cleaned up bodies with nozzles thrown in them that have had their pop pressure reset. Thats just my opinion though, and the stage 5's may have a little internal work, but I don't think so. As for good injectors, there are some pretty decent brands out there, but they generally come with a price. I would recommend looking at DDP, Schied and F1 diesel injectors, also the WINspeed injectors seem to be doing pretty well (They have Adam Winslett's truck up in record setting territory). There isn't a whole lot of info on those yet though, but They're probably another option.

I do have some friends running jammers and I was looking at a set the stage 5's myself, just because they are cheap. But they tend to run pretty hot and smokey, and there are definitely better injectors to be had.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ya they are cheep thats y i would ask. There on Ebay for st-5 for like $230. brand new

2001, 2500 tow rig.( BHAF with AFE turbo tube, BD AUX pump, 4" turbo back pipe, Super Phat Shaft turbo, Comp Box, SMARTY, Gauges { egt, boost, tranny}, Fully built Tranny, New BD-VP44, 40HP injectors Painted Valve cover) Looking to smoke everyone:

93 YJ Juggy rock crawler ( UNIMOG axles with lockers F/R, Atlas 4 speed T-case full body armor, 14" fox coilovers F/R, 42" Pitbull tires on 20" beadlocks).
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 AM

Those are just nozzle tips. Which means you have to tear apart your stock injectors, and install the new tips. This leads to unbalanced pop pressures and you really need to send your injectors out and have the pressures tested and set back to spec. Even though they will tell you that they install fine and you don't have to reset pop pressures. This isn't true, the truck will still run but you really need to have them checked.
Sean

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

so it's just a bad idea and i should stay away from them. thank that hepls out alot.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 05:43 PM

Yeah, IMO they are more trouble than they are worth. There are a lot of guys who run them because they are cheap, and I have 2 really good friends running nozzles, but I don't think that they put out what they claim either. For example, my friend has an 01 With a 4inch, Gauges, FASS, Edge comp, stage 3 nozzles, and an intake and a fully built tranny. My truck is practically the same, except I have the edge drag comp box and 50-60hp smaller injectors, and my will walk all over his truck all day long, and light brand new 33" mud terrains on dry pavement and his won't break the tires loose unless he's going around a good corner or spools it up.

Mine also runs about 300-400* cooler, and after he had all his pressures reset, they ended up costing more than my RV275's. So thats just a basic little comparison.
Sean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode