Edge Comp - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Rat_Power_78, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1084 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Edge Comp

Anyone know of anywhere to get a wiring harness for a Comp? According to customer service, they wont sell me one. They say the only way to get a replacement is to send in the old one and the box itself and they will fix it or replace it for $50. I had heard you could order one but im not having any luck. Anyone know whats up with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 PM

That sucks, I figured that they'd sell you one. I take it you don't have the original harness anymore. I would say look around in the classifieds on various forums, but I've never seen one pop up. Or If you can get the connector that plugs into the back, and the other connectors, you could take a look at someone else's and duplicate it, but thats all I can come up with.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I have a harness, but not for the right year. I have a couple friends that are pretty good with wiring so I was thinking about somehow modifying the harness to work but I dont want to end up messing up the whole thing.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
The only thing I can thing of that's different is the MAP sensor. Everything else is the same. You just need to order a adapter from Edge...

MAP Sensor leads (In and out), CAN/BUS connector, Power, Ground, and Injection Pump lead... That all there is to it... :

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

The Data Link connector (I think thats what its called) is different as well as the MAP sensor. I have a 99 and my harness is for an 01. The Edge dealer I talked to couldnt find and adapter for it and I dont want to waste another 30-45 minutes on the phone on hold and talking to the wonderful Edge customer service people :censored: . I ordered the correct connector to change over the one plug but I havent had any luck finding one for the map sensor. I looked it over for a part number or manufacturer with no luck and another two hours of searching online didnt do any better. I hate to risk messing something up playing with the wires but I dont see any other option. Its not like I have to worry about voiding the warranty . Anyone have any better ideas??
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Singles Club Member #34

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to dslrunner86
im dealing with the same issue on my banks module its for an 02 and i have a 99 im gona just wire it up my self ive got all the tools and the wires are all the same so i figure its all good

1999 dodge 2500 24v ext cab long bed 4x4, nv4500 w/a LUK clutch, 5" straight pipe to 6" stacks, Red Oak Diesel VP44, holley black lift pump and big line kit, edge juice w/ attitude, RV275's, Modified intake horn and plate, Lock-N-Stich'd 53 Block, BHAF, no silencer, 06' 17" rims w/ 295/70/17 nitto terra grapplers.

Walking V & HILBILLY INC.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

The way Im looking at things, it would be pretty hard to screw anything up bad enough that it cant be put back the way it was. As long as Im careful, I should be able to make it work. Im not out much by trying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode