MACH 3's or MACH 4's - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cumminsdude2001, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 917 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

MACH 3's or MACH 4's

Which one of these injectors are more street friendly for a daily driver? I def. wanna get one of them i just don't know which one. I want something for a daily driver and an occasional tow here and there. I will be ugrading my turbo when i do this, and the tranny will be done before they get put in. I will also have a smarty with them. How bout EGT's does one run hotter than the other or are they pretty much the same cause they are a cleaner running injector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 02:02 AM

They are both a decent injector, the 3 will probably run a bit cooler than the 4 and be a bit less smoky on the street. It also depends on what turbo you are running them with as well.
Sean

2000 2500 reg. cab 4x4 auto 577hp
09 6.7L QC LB stick, 4x4.

TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL 707-545-FUEL (3835)
www.totalperformancediesel.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstockton
They are both a decent injector, the 3 will probably run a bit cooler than the 4 and be a bit less smoky on the street. It also depends on what turbo you are running them with as well.
Sean

Well i do know the charger I want has a 66mm compressor wheel. I only ask about those injectors cause I want to be able to get up to 450 or 475 HP and control my egt's with the chip and not worry about the injector being to big. I wouldn't mind a little smoke, would rather have the smarty for that and not a dirty running injector. Whats your thoughts on that. Does anyone run these injectors and have an honest opnion about them and how they run.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Repository of Diesel Info

Go for the 4's, you will need it spool a 66mm
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstockton
Sean

Alright I found out the complete specs of the stage 2 turbo I want from Turbonetics. The compressor wheel is 66mm, The turbine wheel is 68mm or 69mm (can't remember), the turbine housing the kit comes with is .81 a/r. There are other turbine housing sizes including a .68 a/r and .51 a/r. I talked to blackwidow diesel and they said for a daily driver with 100HP injectors, and towing once in a while they said I should go with the .68 a/r turbine housing. Would like all of your opnions/thoughts.

Aside from that, there is one thing that I haven't figured out yet. For all you guys that are very good with math, I need some help. As we know the cummins turbo housings we know by CM. and the other way like the garrett turbos we know A/R. The question is what does a .81 A/R housing compare to in CM, or a .68 A/R compare to in CM. How do you figure something like that out?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Dual K20's!!!, sstockton!!!, Any of you guys ????????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode