any computers out yet? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by KERR, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 4691 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

any computers out yet?

Well i have been truck shopping for a while and love the brands, but GM made me a heck of deal.. probably because the new body style is on the way. At any rate i looked at edge, bully dog, banks etc... none of them have any computer out for the 06's or at least im not looking in the correct place.

Also with the upgradeds to the alison for 06 and up models will they live longer than the 05 back models when the power is increased?

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:18 AM

edge is coming in october i think...and bully and banks are coming soon to, from what i hear....

also i hear that you dont want to push the transm anymore than 50-60hp since with the stock hp already has been increased but the trans hasnt had its tolerance's increased.

<all heresay at the moment im at the same stage as you are> but thats what ive been reading.

i still need to chat at a GM dealer and see what they will offer me up, im not willing to pay anywhere near what they want im sure haha..why would ya tho when you can find one slightly used or new at half holdback price's.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 AM

pacificp.com has a downloader for the lbz which could be upgradable to the hot program later when the trans is upgraded
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:21 AM

Yeah, its adviseable to only go +60HP on the 6speed. There are crazys out there pushing their luck past that. Hey, if you have that kind of money for a SC3 or 4, go for it.

From what I've heard, the Transgo Jr kit is pretty good for the 6 speed, and helps hold the extra power from a tuner very well. The new Allison actually has a few of the upgraded parts in it, but GM just didn't go far enough (where have we heard that before?).
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 06:08 AM

ive been reading over at thedieselplace <which btw seems very unfriendly> that the transgo jr shift kit + torque Conv will get you a good ways into dealing with hp addons.

so far i like the sound of the PPE stuff
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:51 PM

yep.. converter and transgo jr and you should be good to go.

Where are you located? Out west, the guy to go to is Mike Lovritch in L.A., California.

In the midwest, its Eric Merchant in Holland, MI.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info... on the GMC its a LT crew cab, black diesel, leather etc etc... The sticker is 46.920 and they are down to 37 and some change but its a left over 06.

Im not sure i want to pay that much for a truck and the turn around a fork out $5-6K for a transmission or what ever they cost.

Some one told me bully dog should be getting close to 1000 lbtq when they are released. Not sure if that is wheel or crank and i dont know if its true. THe guy that told me that sale all sorts of diesel parts and has a twin turbo ram.

So if banks is in the work and the trans will live with only 60 or so hp and banks always says they have full time usuable tunes then what will do about the trans?

Also what would it cost to build a 6 speed auto allison?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:29 PM

I am not privvy to the trans build prices, but you can PM dmaxalliTech or call him (his phone number is on his website ....click the Merchant Auto link in my sig.)
as he can tell you all you need to know.

ON EDIT: He also has his prices for tranny upgrades in the "transmission" section on the website. Click on the Suncoast or ATS logos and scroll down, you'll see them. I think a converter/transgo is cheaper than a SC3.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 08:00 PM

a top tier trans upgrade would run about 4k+install i think.

but i think you can get away with about $1500+ install on the TC and transgo and you should be covered pretty well, unless you start stacking, upgrading turbo's and injectors etc.

yeah that was about my guess on the price's for the 06's, im becoming irritated trying to find one with the right options <im to picky lol>
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 12:24 AM

edge will be out soon, i am a beta tester for the J/A.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode