LBZ owners, 2007 is going to be a good year for Diesel ECM tuning with EFILive pleased to announce the first PC based custom tuning software for the LBZ ECM to complement our industry leading LB7 & LLY custom tuning / scanning programs.
The much anticipated LBZ capable version of EFILive is now available for download to all EFILive users. As per normal EFILive policy, this is a free upgrade. Anyone wanting to scan or tune a 2006 or 2007 LLY or LBZ will need the V2 hardware as the older V1 hardware is not capable of communicating with the LBZ ECM. Anyone interested in just looking at what EFILive custom tuning is all about can also download this new software for free, no purchase is necessary to fully evaluate the software.
This release is marked as a public beta version, meaning, there may unfortunately be some bugs and operational quirks within the software, however, none of these issues should cause any fatal failures, we've already been through that to get to this point.
Major changes in this release:
- Scanning / Programming support for LLY/LBZ.
- DMA Scanning PID's for LBZ (better information than TechII).
- Enhanced scanning support for the 6.5L Diesel.
- Support for 1998+ Vortec gas V8's.
- Support for In-Line 4/5cyl gas motor (LK5 & L52).
- Support for 1997+ 4cyl gas PCM's (Ecotec etc).
- DMA Scanning PID's for LS2 gas V8's.
There has been many other enhancements and bug fixes too, they are listed in the readme file in the installer.
We need to make clear that this is a Beta version, if you are not comfortable about using software that may not be bug free then it is advised that either you wait until a final release version is made available (might be several weeks off) or you keep on hand the last public release version of EFILive that was available to re-install.
What this beta release does not cover for LBZ and others.
- No 6spd Allison TCM reading / programming.
- Early 2006 LLY O.S 12603049 not supported yet.
- NO LBZ ECM Locking.
- Some important LBZ tables / parameters are probably missing, these are being worked on daily and will continue to be updated often.
- LBZ Tire size scaling not implemented.
- Scanning has not been 100% verified (DMA PID's in particular).
- Cal files for Vortec, 4, 5 cyl gas motors will be released in January to reduce our support load over Christmas/New Year and LBZ release.
- Data tracking/linking from the Scan Tool <> Tuning Tool not completed for LBZ.
- There may exist some errors in the tuning tool maps (wrong labels etc).
- No switchable tune for LBZ
That might read a little disappointing at first for LBZ owners, but let me assure you, there is enough in the tuning software to make some serious power (it's already been done in testing). So far we have about 120 tables / parameters for the LBZ, but of course just like our LB7 & LLY calibration support that will expand rapidly over the coming months.
When you download the software you MUST update the firmware in the V2 unit before you use this software update. Details on this will be covered during the install process.
As we are heading into the Christmas and New Year break our on-line support may be a little thin as we spend time enjoying a little break and time with family and friends, however, we will endeavor to help when possible.
To assist us in making sure any problems with this beta release are resolved we would prefer people posted any issues over at the EFILive forum (there is a special LBZ section). Whilst we will be monitoring the Diesel Garage we have more dedicated forum support helpers over at EFILive. However, if they are general LBZ tuning questions then the Diesel Garage is a good spot to post!
For LB7 & LLY owners wondering about DSP5, it will now have to wait until early January for release, sorry about that, but LBZ has taken up a lot of man hours to get to this point.
If you do not already own EFILive then we recommend you purchase it ($749) through one of our resellers listed here -
Some of them also sponsor The Diesel Garage, so please support those who support the Diesel aftermarket industry.
Lastly, thanks to all the Diesel Garage members for supporting EFILive in 2006. It seems EFILive helped turn the "LiLLY" into a serious performer, now is the chance to see what the LBZ can do!, bring on the 2007 race season.
DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW (approx 94Mb)
(MD5 file info can be found Here
The EFILive Team