EFILive for LBZ *NOW AVAILABLE* - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Flashscan, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 3117 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

EFILive for LBZ *NOW AVAILABLE*

LBZ owners, 2007 is going to be a good year for Diesel ECM tuning with EFILive pleased to announce the first PC based custom tuning software for the LBZ ECM to complement our industry leading LB7 & LLY custom tuning / scanning programs.

The much anticipated LBZ capable version of EFILive is now available for download to all EFILive users. As per normal EFILive policy, this is a free upgrade. Anyone wanting to scan or tune a 2006 or 2007 LLY or LBZ will need the V2 hardware as the older V1 hardware is not capable of communicating with the LBZ ECM. Anyone interested in just looking at what EFILive custom tuning is all about can also download this new software for free, no purchase is necessary to fully evaluate the software.

This release is marked as a public beta version, meaning, there may unfortunately be some bugs and operational quirks within the software, however, none of these issues should cause any fatal failures, we've already been through that to get to this point.

Major changes in this release:
  • Scanning / Programming support for LLY/LBZ.
  • DMA Scanning PID's for LBZ (better information than TechII).
  • Enhanced scanning support for the 6.5L Diesel.
  • Support for 1998+ Vortec gas V8's.
  • Support for In-Line 4/5cyl gas motor (LK5 & L52).
  • Support for 1997+ 4cyl gas PCM's (Ecotec etc).
  • DMA Scanning PID's for LS2 gas V8's.
There has been many other enhancements and bug fixes too, they are listed in the readme file in the installer.

We need to make clear that this is a Beta version, if you are not comfortable about using software that may not be bug free then it is advised that either you wait until a final release version is made available (might be several weeks off) or you keep on hand the last public release version of EFILive that was available to re-install.

What this beta release does not cover for LBZ and others.
  • No 6spd Allison TCM reading / programming.
  • Early 2006 LLY O.S 12603049 not supported yet.
  • NO LBZ ECM Locking.
  • Some important LBZ tables / parameters are probably missing, these are being worked on daily and will continue to be updated often.
  • LBZ Tire size scaling not implemented.
  • Scanning has not been 100% verified (DMA PID's in particular).
  • Cal files for Vortec, 4, 5 cyl gas motors will be released in January to reduce our support load over Christmas/New Year and LBZ release.
  • Data tracking/linking from the Scan Tool <> Tuning Tool not completed for LBZ.
  • There may exist some errors in the tuning tool maps (wrong labels etc).
  • No switchable tune for LBZ
That might read a little disappointing at first for LBZ owners, but let me assure you, there is enough in the tuning software to make some serious power (it's already been done in testing). So far we have about 120 tables / parameters for the LBZ, but of course just like our LB7 & LLY calibration support that will expand rapidly over the coming months.

When you download the software you MUST update the firmware in the V2 unit before you use this software update. Details on this will be covered during the install process.

As we are heading into the Christmas and New Year break our on-line support may be a little thin as we spend time enjoying a little break and time with family and friends, however, we will endeavor to help when possible.
To assist us in making sure any problems with this beta release are resolved we would prefer people posted any issues over at the EFILive forum (there is a special LBZ section). Whilst we will be monitoring the Diesel Garage we have more dedicated forum support helpers over at EFILive. However, if they are general LBZ tuning questions then the Diesel Garage is a good spot to post!

For LB7 & LLY owners wondering about DSP5, it will now have to wait until early January for release, sorry about that, but LBZ has taken up a lot of man hours to get to this point.

If you do not already own EFILive then we recommend you purchase it ($749) through one of our resellers listed here -
http://www.efilive.com/reseller.aspx
Some of them also sponsor The Diesel Garage, so please support those who support the Diesel aftermarket industry.

Lastly, thanks to all the Diesel Garage members for supporting EFILive in 2006. It seems EFILive helped turn the "LiLLY" into a serious performer, now is the chance to see what the LBZ can do!, bring on the 2007 race season.

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW (approx 94Mb)
ZIP FILE
or
MD5 FILE (MD5 file info can be found Here)

Regards,
The EFILive Team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 11:10 PM
4cstr

Thats awesome news for the LBZ guys.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 11:24 PM
fordt

Awesome! I can't wait, Jody from Dp-Tuner said he got the new stuff downloaded, and is waiting for me to get back in town :evil:
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 11:55 PM

Wayne....first you go to Eric's and spend the money on a good transmission. Then start having fun with the EFILive.....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 02:08 AM

Perfect!!! Been waiting for this. January I might just have to buy myselve a present.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 02:05 PM
BUG JUICER and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashscan
...Anyone interested in just looking at what EFILive custom tuning is all about can also download this new software for free, no purchase is necessary to fully evaluate the software...
not exactly true. I have tried to remedy some issues (in private) that appear to have fallen through the cracks and will not be fixed. I am up to 3 tables on the LLY that do not work, so the download is not going to let anyone evaluate which tables work and which ones do not.

On the other hand, I have really enjoyed using the tool and will continue to encourage the use of EFI for tuning, and I thank your team for what it has done here. I am sure the LBZ will be as good or better.

Michael
Vehicle Systems Engineer/Professional Tuner
04.5 GMC 2500HD SRW LLY

Learn about INDUCTION OVERHEATING

ECM's FOR SALE
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 02:48 PM
fordt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac
Wayne....first you go to Eric's and spend the money on a good transmission. Then start having fun with the EFILive.....
:iagree but I don't want to think about that money I am gonna have to spend
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:20 AM
AKA slowdog racing

Send a message via Yahoo to maddogg1019
how hard is it to use if its simple i might just get it instead of the xcellerator

also how much power can you get out of it.

-Curtis-

2006 chevy 2500 LBZ ec sb AKA Blue Blur :chevy-EFI live from mcrat and a few slowdog racing tunes, AFE stage 2 with PG 7, MBRP 5" turbo back,Bilstein shocks, Autometer cobalt pyro and boost, BD fullbore manifold, SD manifold, 2" block in the rear, caltracs traction bars, and 33 x 12.5 r 16.5 sport kings. 2 10" memphis subs, 1050 max watt lightning audio amp, alpine head unit.
[email protected] mph with whats above.thanks pat and kat.
coming soon - suncoast V trans., slowdog duel pumps
"Its a matter of horsepower for eight seconds or miles an hour that's the way i am and it's a fact i cant ignore yeah big four-legged, fuel-injected runnin' wild or radar-detected a man can always stand a little bit more horsepower."-Horsepower-Chris LeDoux

Me kickin azz
My truck and other things
Myspace
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:57 AM
BUG JUICER and

not simple. Far from it. It's strength is its versatility. But that comes with toothpicks for your eyes. It is overwhelming initially. After about 10-20 hours, you should be able to make productive modifications. Feeling competent takes 100's of hours I'm afraid.

If you are a techie, it can be addictive. FWIW, the LBZ has twice the complexity of the delphi PCM, but it is not intuitively more difficult.

The delphi is pedal-fuel based
The bosch (LBZ) is pedal-torque based, it makes sense. I also like the subroutines of the bosch.

The LBZ interface is very primitive right now, I suspect refinement has a ways to go out on the big pond.

Michael
Vehicle Systems Engineer/Professional Tuner
04.5 GMC 2500HD SRW LLY

Learn about INDUCTION OVERHEATING

ECM's FOR SALE
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 12:19 AM
AKA slowdog racing

Send a message via Yahoo to maddogg1019
ok i used to make computer programs in highschool sounds like fun, but i was wondering if it would produce more power for the buck then stacking a ppe xcelerator and duramaximizer.

-Curtis-

2006 chevy 2500 LBZ ec sb AKA Blue Blur :chevy-EFI live from mcrat and a few slowdog racing tunes, AFE stage 2 with PG 7, MBRP 5" turbo back,Bilstein shocks, Autometer cobalt pyro and boost, BD fullbore manifold, SD manifold, 2" block in the rear, caltracs traction bars, and 33 x 12.5 r 16.5 sport kings. 2 10" memphis subs, 1050 max watt lightning audio amp, alpine head unit.
[email protected] mph with whats above.thanks pat and kat.
coming soon - suncoast V trans., slowdog duel pumps
"Its a matter of horsepower for eight seconds or miles an hour that's the way i am and it's a fact i cant ignore yeah big four-legged, fuel-injected runnin' wild or radar-detected a man can always stand a little bit more horsepower."-Horsepower-Chris LeDoux

Me kickin azz
My truck and other things
Myspace
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode